Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
wellwet
wellwet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Problem DX

I've bought a 2nd hand DX from Ebay. In here (Istanbul/Turkey) we don't have coverage neither for US nor for global version. So I plugged the USB cable tried to upload some books. But Kindle didn't accept them, tried 2 different computers. Windows always gives a "Error: Cannot read C:\xxyz\abc.pdf" error? And Kindle restarts or frezes?

I'm sure about there is no problem with my HDD's or files.

Any idea?

(I wrote to the seller but I think he can't help me)

Thanks in advance...
wellwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
1. Try different USB ports - Kindles will hang unless plugged into a USB port on the back of the PC - they pull a lot of power apparently.
2. Don't try to open the books - Windows can't read ebook format directly (what your error message seems to imply). Once your DX shows up on your PC as "Device With Removable Storage" or as an auxiliary hard drive, just drag the ebook files from your PC (I assume they're in Your Documents folder) into the documents folder on the Kindle drive.
Or right click on your ebook file and select "copy" and then open the documents folder your Kindle drive and right click again and select "paste."
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
wellwet
wellwet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Tried 2 different computers, 4-5 USB ports Used Total Commander and windows explorer to copy files. USB cable is OK (tried on a Nokia phone).

Looks like memory or USB connector problem I can see inside of the Kindle drive (also reseted to factory defaults) directories etc. but I can not copy anything
wellwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
What is the source of the PDF file you are trying to copy? Is it DRM protected?

If you bought or acquired a PDF ebook from another bookstore, a Kindle can't read it until the DRM is removed.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote