Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Taking care of your Reader

I am curious, how do you take care of your Reader?

For the screen, I was thinking of using some kind of dust-off micro screen cleaning cloth. No water or stronger stuff.

For carrying it around, I was thinking of a Fellowes neoprene case which I would carry in my backbag.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Compressed air to get rid of the dust, microfiber cloth for a "heavy" cleaning.

I might also get something like neoprene case for colder weather.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
I soak it in bleach for 8 hours each day. <G>
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I bought the 2 year accidental protection plan.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
Slava
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane
I bought the 2 year accidental protection plan.
that makes you care LESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan
I soak it in bleach for 8 hours each day.
so Reader's background is white now?
Advert
Old 10-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
..stick it in a strengthed envelope for carrying (much cheaper than anything fancy) and wipe it occasionally with your shirt sleeve (it's only a piece of glass right? :-)
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #7
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I just leave it in the regular cover when I throw it in my laptop bag. It seems pretty sturdy. I've already dropped it once about 2' onto it's side hitting wood furniture and it seemed fine. Hasn't needed any cleaning since I don't touch the screen.

And I bought the 2 year protection plan too.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #8
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
so Reader's background is white now?
Actually everything is white, and kinda corroded - it saves a lot of time not being able to read a thing! <g>
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:43 PM   #9
Mohit25
Mohit25 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Just curious as I bought the 2 year protection plan as well - Sony still hasn't shipped me the warranty - I called them and bought it last Tuesday. Has anyone else has received their warranty documents.
Mohit25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
Slava
Addict

I'm not sure what "warranty documents" you people are expecting

If you buy warranty in Sony store, you'll get just another item on the receipt, that's it. Oh and warranty description with phone number where to call. That's it.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #11
Mohit25
Mohit25 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
No, I didn't get it at the store - I called them on their 1-800 number to buy it. They said they would mail me the set of terms/conditions with limitations of liabilities. Should be no different from any other insurance policy.
Mohit25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:38 AM   #12
ojleblanc
Enthusiast
ojleblanc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Sony Reader
How much does it cost? I was offered this item when I purchased (via phone/fax) at the Sony Store.
ojleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:56 AM   #13
Slava
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojleblanc
How much does it cost? I was offered this item when I purchased (via phone/fax) at the Sony Store.
$49.99 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #14
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
45 at SonyStyle retail.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #15
Slava
Addict

Hmm, this is what I got from SonyStyle at Copley.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20061012_0001.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1795