Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
karengre
karengre began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch edition
setting up calibre with linux 8.04 (dell mini)

I'm looking for advice re: getting the program going. It's downloaded, but I can't get it running. I've tried a bunch of things via googling around.

When I try to run it in the terminal I get a permission denied error 13 message.

I wasn't really sure what I was doing, but I added: PPA for fabrice_sp

Any advice?
karengre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
You added it via a ppa? I haven't done this I just usually d/l from the web page and it installs automatically using the python script.
The script is "sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read();main()" just run it in a terminal or change the sudo to gksudo and run it via alt-f2.
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I doubt you'll be able to get it running on anything older ubuntu 9.04
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I doubt you'll be able to get it running on anything older ubuntu 9.04
It runs in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (64 bits), but my Sony PRS-505 is not detected, due to some kernel problem (something having the DEPRECATED word somewhere). I use Calibre under Windows, I installed it in Ubuntu just for fun. I don't remember what I did to install it, but I think I just followed the instructions in the download page.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote