Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 AM   #21961
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
By the way, for those who have been curious about my references to Osaka and Kyoto, both are prefectures (think: States) and also both are cities. Just like "New York." My condo sits right on the street that forms the political/geographical border for the prefectures. One side of the street is Kyoto Prefecture, the other side of the street is Osaka Prefecture. When I say that I'm going to 'Osaka' or 'Kyoto,' I'm referring to the 'downtown' areas of those cities, (that I've marked with a red dot) both of which are about 25km from where I live.
So which of the Prefectures do you actually live in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Strange happenings: all my PDF's disappeared from my Macbook; iBooks and PDF's in my public and other folders in Dropbox.***^*^*** as on my travelblog.
Adobe doesn't seem to work and time- machine?
Well, well. i'll see about it in the evening as I have to be off to work in the Archives, on my bike.
Have to redo them all, I fear.
Curious as to how that could possibly happen? Did you do an Adobe update or anything recently? I have just had an Adobe Flash update run this morning...

Rooibos in my cup, and a small apple on my plate - it's one of my Fast days.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #21962
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Relaxing with a cup of Keemun tea, having just returned from the Education Center.

Nice group of senior citizens in my new English class. Eight people with skills levels from one who writes novels in English to one who can't form a sentence to say where she lives. Should be fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
So which of the Prefectures do you actually live in?
My mailing address is Osaka, but I park my car and motorcycle in Kyoto... where the red dot is next to the bamboo forest, but at night time I lock up the motorcycle in Osaka at the blue dot in front of the building. I live most of my day life in Kyoto and night life in Osaka. Often I get confused.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	95736  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 AM   #21963
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Curious as to how that could possibly happen? Did you do an Adobe update or anything recently? I have just had an Adobe Flash update run this morning....
I have no idea. I didn't update anything recently, I think. It looks as if all PDF has been wiped out, on my Mac, iBooks, Dropbox, externat HD. It has to be something in my Macbook which doesn't agree with Adobe any more. I'll see to it this evening.....Weird.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #21964
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My mailing address is Osaka, but I park my car and motorcycle in Kyoto... where the red dot is next to the bamboo forest, but at night time I lock up the motorcycle in Osaka at the blue dot in front of the building. I live most of my day life in Kyoto and night life in Osaka. Often I get confused.
Looks like you must have a great view out of your windows, assuming they face the road and the bamboo forest.

Your talk of olives earlier is not helping my fast... I just had to go and have some, with a couple of slices of salami. Just blown 138 of my 600 calories allowance!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 AM   #21965
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a Zen temple in the middle of the bamboo forest. Every morning at 5am they ring the giant bell. I never hear it. But if I'm outside at 5pm, when they ring it again, I hear that one! Sounds very Zen... There are often monks walking to the temple from other temples... they walk everywhere, never riding trains or busses... wearing woven rope sandals, with huge woven hats covering their heads and faces...

This is me ringing the bell several years ago... The monks are pretty cool...

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZENBELL.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	95738  
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #21966
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
That certainly is an enormous bell. It would make a splendid cup for a giant. I wonder what a giant would drink from it?

Coke Zero #2 for me.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #21967
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Can anyone ring their (massive) bell, or do you have to get special dispensation?

Black decaff in my cup.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #21968
Stitchawl
Opsimath

And now... we are off to Kyoto... to the Tea Master's ceremony! I need to calm down...

Stitchawl
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #21969
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Can anyone ring their (massive) bell, or do you have to get special dispensation?

Black decaff in my cup.
I just asked... They said OK.
What could be more Zen?

Stitchawl
Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #21970
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Hot coffee and a cracker with humus.

Strange happenings: all my PDF's disappeared from my Macbook; iBooks and PDF's in my public and other folders in Dropbox.***^*^*** as on my travelblog.
Adobe doesn't seem to work and time- machine?
Well, well. i'll see about it in the evening as I have to be off to work in the Archives, on my bike.
Have to redo them all, I fear.
Quick go post that Apple is screwing with your ebooks!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #21971
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
He, he,
Nothing in my cup; not allowed to drink at my workplace (work with ancient documents)
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #21972
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oriental Beauty, Oolong from Gong Fu. Closer to a green then a black. Working on second cup
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #21973
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
"Steve Jobs" erased books off my Macbook" from the grave!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #21974
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

It is clearly his reaction to the collusion settlement.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #21975
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
There is a Zen temple in the middle of the bamboo forest. Every morning at 5am they ring the giant bell. I never hear it. But if I'm outside at 5pm, when they ring it again, I hear that one! Sounds very Zen... ..[/URL]
This is me ringing the bell several years ago... The monks are pretty cool...
Stitchawl
Very nice, Stitchawl. I could have used some Zen when all pdf's disappeared. Somehow Adobe Reader got disabled on my Mac and I had to re-install, before I could make new pdf's. I am busy making new ones. Well, it did clean up my files. But I didn't realise that even in Dropbox those files would disappear.
How's Thailand?

In my cup: cidre

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?