Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
What Operating System do you think Microsoft Uses?

I work for a large phone / internet company that troubleshoots and repairs dsl for our customers. Yesterday a microsoft employee called me, saying their internet was down. As I was working on it for them I was just chatting with the guy and asked him which operating system they used in his office. (they had about 25 computers there) ....... I was expecting him to say xp or vista but what he told me took me completely by surprise and really made me laugh to myself..... can you guess what they were using??.......all of their computers were macs!! and then he told me that Microsoft creates a lot of software for MacIntosh. I was totally blown away by this it might be common knowledge but I sure didn't know it .....I am gonna have so much fun teasing my mac loving friends!!
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Why would you tease your Mac loving friends? If anything, that's a compliment from Microsoft.

Now, if you want to see a company that uses tons of Mac's, more than any other corporation, look no further than Google. Even with their high usage of Mac's, their usage of Linux eclipses it...
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Microsoft sells Office for Mac, and you would naturally expect them to use Macs to develop that. There are a few other Mac products that I know of, like Silverlight.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
I work for a large phone / internet company that troubleshoots and repairs dsl for our customers. Yesterday a microsoft employee called me, saying their internet was down. As I was working on it for them I was just chatting with the guy and asked him which operating system they used in his office. (they had about 25 computers there) ....... I was expecting him to say xp or vista but what he told me took me completely by surprise and really made me laugh to myself..... can you guess what they were using??.......all of their computers were macs!! and then he told me that Microsoft creates a lot of software for MacIntosh. I was totally blown away by this it might be common knowledge but I sure didn't know it .....I am gonna have so much fun teasing my mac loving friends!!
Microsoft has been writing code for Macintosh since before the first release. Literally. I don't know which parts, but at least some of the original OS was written by Microsoft.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
In day of olde, when knights were bold, Jobs and Gates actually got along with each other!

Then Jobs got hip slick and cool and started wearing black turtle necks and designer jeans, and it's not been the same since.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Maybe it was the department for OS X compatibility that called in?
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #7
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
well my mac owning friends always seem to look down their noses at those of us with pcs at my work. There is always good natured ribbing going on... always telling us that their computers have less problems and better programs. I told several of them today that their mac programs were likely designed by microsoft. They were very surprised...... apparently they (and I ) are not as well informed as some of you.
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Until recently the Apple store registers had been running Windows. From Gizmodo:

Quote:
Since 2005, Apple stores have been ringing up purchases with wireless handheld point-of-sale terminals. This always felt a little odd, partly because you never see a register, but mostly because the devices run Windows. Not anymore!

Apple is in the process of retiring their massive fleet of Windows CE handhelds, made by Symbol Technologies and introduced back in 2005, with custom-designed iPod Touches.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:18 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
and then he told me that Microsoft creates a lot of software for MacIntosh. I was totally blown away by this it might be common knowledge but I sure didn't know it
Tease them with the fact that Microsoft write some of the best-selling Mac applications? This is actually common knowledge .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Whoa... Creepy! I had just started reading this thread when I got a "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down." pop up. I'm going to spend the rest of my day looking over my shoulder.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote