Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Bundles

I am new to the Kindle family and I was wondering if Amazon ever offers books bundled together. One thing I like about the Sony store is buying their Author bundles at a discounted price.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Only one I have seen is the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Tri.../dp/B0026REBFK
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Search for the MobileReference books on Amazon. They have omnibus editions of different authors.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_ki...erence&x=0&y=0

Last edited by krazy4katz; 05-18-2009 at 10:34 PM.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Baen Books (www.webscription.net) sometimes offers bundles, if you like science fiction or fantasy.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Only few books that are bundled is offered by Amazon and I have just the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Hope to find more as well that interests me.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Amazon has several authors books bundled three books in one - mostly older publications. Michael Connelly, Alex Kava, Evanovich are just a few.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #7
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
thanks for all of the replies.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I have a Sony, and I love the Romance bundles. I'm currently kicking myself in the butt, they had a bundle of the first three of the Mercy Thompson series in a bundle, but since I didn't know if I'd like them I bought the first two individually. When will I ever learn?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #9
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Kikar,

Search the Kindle store for mobi plus a keyword, such as mysteries or humor, or an author's name. This will bring up a list of "huge collections" from Mobile Reference.

For example, there's a huge mysteries collection that contains hundreds of short stories, novellas and full-length novels from the likes of Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle and many others. There are also author-specific collections. I've just purchased H.G. Wells, which contains more than I could read in a year.

Happy reading.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There really aren't bundles per say at Amazon. There are bundles put together by the publishers/sellers. But not by Amazon themselves.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #11
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
yeah they do. I bought the Shannara series a couple months back for my Kindle, and I know there have been others, I just can't remember at the moment.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #12
Hawking821
Hawking821 began at the beginning.

Device: none
yea you can find some bundles
Hawking821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #13
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
There are some. The first two of George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire are available as an omnibus. I think the first two of Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy are as well.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #14
rhk
rhk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
you can search for the keyword bundle in kindle books. there are 173, mostly romance.
rhk is offline   Reply With Quote