Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Smile Update 5.4.4.1 5.4.3.1 For KPW/KPW2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201064850
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201307450
Anything new?

Last edited by JHarry; 04-22-2014 at 07:25 AM.
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:04 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry, what question are you asking?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
buschap
buschap began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
There was a minor update to the Paperwhite firmware released in the last day or two (5.4.3.1 from 5.4.3for KPW2). I haven't noticed any changes. It's probably just a bug fix release.

My jailbreak stayed, but I had to reinstall the screensaver hack after updating.
buschap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #4
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Can anyone confirm jailbreak can be installed on these firmwares?
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 AM   #5
jsv
jsv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2; ASUS ME302C
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Can anyone confirm jailbreak can be installed on these firmwares?
I've installed it on PW2/FW5.4.3.1 without any problems.
jsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'd have to check, but I'm guessing the driving force behind those updates is getting rid of Heartbleed-vulnerable OpenSSL versions.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-13-2014 at 03:17 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #7
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
please change the title to "Update 5.4.4.1 5.4.3.1 For KPW/KPW2"

it's much easier to find threads if people are more descriptive in their titles
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #8
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
In the continuous highlight feature (from one page to another), with FW 5.4.4, I was unable to highlight from the previous page to the next one, and had to jump to the next to highlight to the previous. The 5.4.4.1 firmware fixed that.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote