Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
KindleSizer for Kindle screen savers

The recently posted script for using Photoshop to convert images for use as Kindle screen savers is great: if you happen to have a legal copy of the fairly pricy Photoshop.

This simple Java program allows you to use the very sophisticated graphics library supplied for free with Sun's Java to convert JPEG images to Kindle sized gray scale JPEG images suitable for use as Kindle screen savers.

Images are sized up or sized down to fit. Images with the wrong aspect ratio to create 600x800 images are centered in a 600x800 image. The software doesn't autorotate images as I personally find that annoying. Polite requests to add the ability might get an update...

Usage: java KindleSizer <input file name> <output file name>
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleSizer.zip (3.9 KB, 563 views)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oooo -- I'll hafta try this! I had to ask my brother the graphic artist to convert some pictures for me.

Then again -- they *were* pictures of his kids, and I wanted the latest ones while I was at it! But this will be lovely to have.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I don't mean to be dumb but can anyone tell me how I could get back some of the original screen savers that came with the Kindle 2. Not talking about the pictures of the authors, but I really did like some of the sketches they had when I put my K2 on sleep mode. THe author pictures I can do without. Any help is greatly appreciated and this is a great site - so much useful information. Thanks to everyone for sharing their insight.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote