Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #271
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
SteveI am not quite sure what you read because I don't qualify unreflected wanna-be-communistic juggling with terms like: economy, copyright, patent, etc. without having the slightest idea of what they actually mean as "intellectually challenging" The only things Giggleton manages to challenge are sanity and patience.
So what do you think "communism" mean?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #272
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
communist [kom-ee-pig] (noun): a person which is disagreeable, especially over political or social issues.
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #273
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
communist [kom-ee-pig]
LOL! You owe me a new keyboard!
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #274
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
As intended it can be found practiced in small-scale communities e. g. large families, small tribes or rural communities: all members put in and take out from one big ressource base of goods money and worktime. All adults decide

As perverted trough large re-scaling it: leads to what "Animal Farm" shows in a nutshell. (ruling 'committees' decide what and how much of it is 'best' for the rest and are of course! more equal than the others)

I remember the ration cards ma had to use and how long she stood in queues (meat, milk, sugar, sweets, accohol, tobacco, flour, + pretty everything) unavailability of practically everything; police state;... I might have been a kiddo while I lived in Poland in these times. But I was neither blind nor deaf.

Since gigs clearly advocates the 2nd flavour of communism (I still see his book commisioners saluting) And IS of course more equal than the others (how's the amazon account doing, eh?) take your pigck on what my opinion about him might be. The argument that he wants to screw "only" the producers of art doesn't matter. It is the tune that alerts me not the instrument he chooses to play it on.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #275
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
As intended it can be found practiced in small-scale communities e. g. large families, small tribes or rural communities: all members put in and take out from one big ressource base of goods money and worktime. All adults decide

As perverted trough large re-scaling it: leads to what "Animal Farm" shows in a nutshell. (ruling 'committees' decide what and how much of it is 'best' for the rest and are of course! more equal than the others)

I remember the ration cards ma had to use and how long she stood in queues (meat, milk, sugar, sweets, accohol, tobacco, flour, + pretty everything) unavailability of practically everything; police state;... I might have been a kiddo while I lived in Poland in these times. But I was neither blind nor deaf.

Since gigs clearly advocates the 2nd flavour of communism (I still see his book commisioners saluting) And IS of course more equal than the others (how's the amazon account doing, eh?) take your pigck on what my opinion about him might be. The argument that he wants to screw "only" the producers of art doesn't matter. It is the tune that alerts me not the instrument he chooses to play it on.
I think you might be taking the short view.

If anything the network has allowed a near infinite number of artists to distribute their works to a near infinite audience. Why should we then hinder this distribution?? You cannot put forth the fallistic notion of non-creation incentives.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #276
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No one hinders nobody. What you want is to force the distribution to being not paid for.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #277
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
If anything the network has allowed a near infinite number of artists to distribute their works to a near infinite audience. Why should we then hinder this distribution??
No one has even remotely suggested hindering artists ability to distrubute their works. What people are talking about is hindering you giving away these artists works for free.

You giving away copies of the artist's is what hinders the artist's distribution. You've substituted your distribution for the artist's.

And no, the potential audience is not near infinite. The potential audience is about 7 billion people, if all people wanted a copy. That's not near infinity.

Quote:
You cannot put forth the fallistic notion of non-creation incentives.
You haven't in any way demonstrated that this is a fallacy. On the contrary, ample evidence has been provided that it isn't fallacious
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #278
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
No one has even remotely suggested hindering artists ability to distrubute their works. What people are talking about is hindering you giving away these artists works for free.

You giving away copies of the artist's is what hinders the artist's distribution. You've substituted your distribution for the artist's.

And no, the potential audience is not near infinite. The potential audience is about 7 billion people, if all people wanted a copy. That's not near infinity.

You haven't in any way demonstrated that this is a fallacy. On the contrary, ample evidence has been provided that it isn't fallacious
So we must now ask ourselves, what is distribution? I submit that only the act of first upload can be called thus. Everything else is merely access.

The network was never meant to be locked.

It's been awhile since I studied infinity but I'm pretty sure that any number is close enough.

But seriously, I think the number of artists who would choose to not create if the network did not provide a mechanism for ensuring compensation pre-access is "infinitely" small compared to the number of artists who would create and then upload with only a vague promise of compensation post-access.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #279
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
So we must now ask ourselves, what is distribution? I submit that only the act of first upload can be called thus. Everything else is merely access.
That reminds me of an old joke: How many legs does a dog have if you call a tail a leg? The answer is four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Terms like distribution are well-defined. You can make up your own, but it doesn't change anything.

Quote:
The network was never meant for you to distribute other people's work without their permission.

Quote:
It's been awhile since I studied infinity but I'm pretty sure that any number is close enough.

Quote:
But seriously, I think the number of artists who would choose to not create if the network did not provide a mechanism for ensuring compensation pre-access is "infinitely" small compared to the number of artists who would create and then upload with only a vague promise of compensation post-access.
Ignore the evidence all you want. Your alternatives are the stuff of nightmares.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #280
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
What network are you talking about?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #281
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

Quote:
That reminds me of an old joke: How many legs does a dog have if you call a tail a leg? The answer is four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Terms like distribution are well-defined. You can make up your own, but it doesn't change anything.
It's actually a legal principle: "falsa demonstratio non nocet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
What network are you talking about?
I hope the neuronal network of his brains (if any is present) I 'd willingly help cracking the housing were I within physical range to do so.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #282
Giggleton
Banned

Quote:
Ignore the evidence all you want. Your alternatives are the stuff of nightmares.
What evidence are you talking about? It seems like everyone is writing a book and uploading it these days, even with vague notions of copyright still lingering around the network.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #283
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
I hope the neuronal network of his brains (if any is present) I 'd willingly help cracking the housing were I within physical range to do so.
I hardly think the implication of cracking skulls is within the realm of polite discourse.

Perhaps I have a soft spot for his idealism even though I rarely agree with him on anything.

Besides, his stubborn consistency from day one should demonstrate that his skull must be made of some of the strongest material on earth. I see something of myself in that.

CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #284
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I hardly think the implication of cracking skulls is within the realm of polite discourse.

Perhaps I have a soft spot for his idealism even though I rarely agree with him on anything.

Besides, his stubborn consistency from day one should demonstrate that his skull must be made of some of the strongest material on earth. I see something of myself in that.

Would you describe yourself as 'hardheaded' ar 'headstrong'?!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #285
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Would you describe yourself as 'hardheaded' ar 'headstrong'?!
Depends on whether or not I'm being completely honest.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote