Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Deneb
Groupie
Deneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it is

Device: Cybook
Pocketbook 360 plus New

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone had a little info on this new device:
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/de/pro...60deg-plus-new

the possible price maybe or When they are going to actually sell it...
I don't read german but the interesting infos are in numbers so that ok. What I like is the 800 Mhz processor...
Deneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deneb View Post
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone had a little info on this new device:
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/de/pro...60deg-plus-new

the possible price maybe or When they are going to actually sell it...
I don't read german but the interesting infos are in numbers so that ok. What I like is the 800 Mhz processor...
Amazon
Pocketbook 360 Plus blau von Pocketbook
Neu kaufen: EUR 109,00
29 neu ab EUR 109,00
Auf Lager.

Where are you located? It is sold for 89€ at some places.
5" seems to be awfully small ...
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Deneb
Groupie
Deneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it is

Thank you for your answer Geronimo, but it would be nice if you didn't assume I asked a stupid question because you didn't check my link correctly...

And 5" is just fine for me thank you, (and for all the people who own 360 or an Opus for that matter)..That was not my question.

I'm not talking about the pocketbook 360 or the pocketbook 360 plus, but about the pocketbook 360 plus new... It has a big processor (800Mhz) compared to the 360 plus (533MHz) and it's interseting for large files.

The device (plus new) doesn't have a price yet and I was just curious if anyone had info on it...Guess I shouldn't have been impatient
Old 05-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I don't read German either, but Chrome does a nice enough job of translating, as does Google translate. This does look interesting, but unfortunately no price or ETA. I love my Might Mouse, but this might convince me to upgrade it. And 5" is just the right size to fit in my...pocket!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Looks good... faster than my PB 360 plus... just thought they would use Pearl... however my 360 plus has an excellent Vizplex screen
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Deneb
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
I don't read German either, but Chrome does a nice enough job of translating, as does Google translate. This does look interesting, but unfortunately no price or ETA. I love my Might Mouse, but this might convince me to upgrade it. And 5" is just the right size to fit in my...pocket!
I was too lazy to use the translator
What's a Might Mouse? All google gives me is Mighty Mouse...You read on you computer screen?
Oh, a reader will change your life

5" is really ok to read, I have an opus and it's really fine. I'm just tired of being extra carefull with the file I have to put in it for fear it freeze or don't open THE book I wanted to read NOW
(It doesn't happens too often, the opus works mostly fine.)

Since it seems more a weak processor problem then a bad device, I was looking for the 360 plus then I saw that...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172866 ...800Mhz... (thanks Paola)

And the slimness of the 360° seems really appealling, with the screen protector incluted I mean, the opus needs a cover wich make it too big for the pocket...The multiformat...The plus new does look interesting doesn't it

@ Hidari
I so agree with you, Pearl would have been fine, but I will go for the faster processor anytime. You can read on the vizplex, but when you weren't careful and put a file too big that freeze or won't open...grrr

Last edited by Deneb; 05-05-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I love 5 inch readers...have the Sony 350. Opus and Pb360 plus...I would highly recommend the PB360 if you like the OPUS... the cover, ergonmics, FB reader and Cool Reader make it worth the purchase...

Quote:
What's a Might Mouse? All google gives me is Mighty Mouse...You read on you computer screen?
Oh, a reader will change your life

5" is really ok to read, I have an opus and it's really fine. I'm just tired of being extra carefull with the file I have to put in it for fear it freeze or don't open THE book I wanted to read NOW
(It doesn't happens too often, the opus works mostly fine.)

Since it seems more a weak processor problem then a bad device, I was looking for the 360 plus then I saw that...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172866 ...800Mhz... (thanks Paola)

And the slimness of the 360° seems really appealling, with the screen protector incluted I mean, the opus needs a cover wich make it too big for the pocket...The multiformat...The plus new does look interesting doesn't it

@ Hidari
I so agree with you, Pearl would have been fine, but I will go for the faster processor anytime. You can read on the vizplex, but when you weren't careful and put a file too big that freeze or won't open...grrr
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Quote:

It's me leaving off the "y". Those of us who started with the original Pocketbook 360 often referred to it as Mighty Mouse because it is small but mighty. A 5" screen, able to read most if not all ebook formats including ADE encrypted epubs, able to add and tweak reading apps such as fb so they do even more, etc. By now, it's been passed by in many regards, but at the time it was pretty wonderful especially for the price, and IMHO, still is.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
It's me leaving off the "y". Those of us who started with the original Pocketbook 360 often referred to it as Mighty Mouse because it is small but mighty. A 5" screen, able to read most if not all ebook formats including ADE encrypted epubs, able to add and tweak reading apps such as fb so they do even more, etc. By now, it's been passed by in many regards, but at the time it was pretty wonderful especially for the price, and IMHO, still is.
I've owned others too, right now it is "down" to a k4nt, a prs-t1 and a pb360, but I am still using my 360 very often, every time I go on a trip and every week-end at the beach. I've had the 360 since xmas 2009. It was once in service last summer because of the screen, but it has been working perfectly the rest of the time.

I have as a matter of fact ordered this week-end a pb360+, as a replacement my pb360, which will in turn become my daughter's first ereader.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
Deneb
Groupie

Hi Aceflor, nice to see you
You're the one that brought me here when I (at last) could defend the purchase of a new reader, I remember your " The 360 read everything" and I have wanted one ever since

@Mmaviso: Thanks for the explanation, now I want a 360 even more, I hope they announce the plus new soon

@ Hidari: I love the 5" too. I'm not sure I'm convince by the Sony 5". My sister has an sony T1 and it's quite amazing as a 6" touch screen, but the sony 350 seems a little limited.
(I went to see the comparison matrix and that seem to be only a matter of my opinion. I might have a little bias towards the pocketbook )

Last edited by Deneb; 05-07-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Hi Aceflor, nice to see you
You're the one that brought me here when I (at least) could defend the purchase of a new reader, I remember your " The 360 read everything" and I have wanted one ever since

@Mmaviso: Thanks for the explanation, now I want a 360 even more, I hope they announce the plus new soon

@ Hidari: I love the 5" too. I'm not sure I'm convince by the Sony 5". My sister has an sony T1 and it's quite amazing as a 6" touch screen, but the sony 350 seems a little limited.
(I went to see the comparison matrix and that seem to be only a matter of my opinion. I might have a little bias towards the pocketbook )
Hi Deneb , je me souviens !!!! Right now the german store (and maybe the french one, I don't know) are having a sale on the 360 plus for 89 € which I think is a very good deal. From what I could read, the "new" one just has a better (quicker) processor, but really my "old" 360 never seemed slow to me...The nice thing about the PB360 is that it indeed can read well pretty much everything, except obviously PDF, which it "can" read, but on a 5" screen what's the point anyway....It is my travel reader, I pack it in a ziploc every week-end for the beach, I read it in the jacuzzi after sport..... it is a tough little thing ! The only limiting factor for me is that because of its design, I cannot clip a LED light to it, thus I can never read on it at night without switching the bed light on. But well, that's my husband's problem, not mine .
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
Deneb
Groupie

I know, it is a very good deal, but for once, I'm not buying something and discovering just after the purchase that it has been upgraded..so I'm going to wait to see the price of the new one first

I never thought about the led light you can't clip...but I found one you can put around your neck with 2 led on each end, it will do

Ps: there an "e" too many in my (at least), I meant (at last)...Sorry, I always mix up those two.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
PB360+ is basically the same device as the original PB360, The Mighty Mouse was, PLUS it has WiFi and more internal memory built in (2Gig vs 512Mb in the older version).
They are still in stock, in dark blue casing.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #14
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
it should be called PB360++

"new" isn't a product name and new gets old pretty quick
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
PB360+ is basically the same device as the original PB360, The Mighty Mouse was, PLUS it has WiFi and more internal memory built in (2Gig vs 512Mb in the older version).
They are still in stock, in dark blue casing.
Sorry, but here we are talking about PocketBook360 PLUS NEW - which is improved version of the PocketBook360 PLUS.

The case of the NEW model is grey and it has faster processor.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote