Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Moses
Moses began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Advertisements on the screen

Hello,
I've brought Kindle 3 Wi-Fi and my sister used wireless for downloading some free stuff and after that, advertisements came on the Home screen and as screensavers. I want to get rid of them, but don't know how. Can everyone help?

Last edited by Moses; 11-01-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Hello,
I've brought Kindle 3 Wi-Fi and my sister used wireless for downloading some free stuff and after that, advertisements came on the Home screen and as screensavers. I want to get rid of them, but don't know how. Can everyone help?
If it's the new Kindle 4 you pay $30 to Amazon on your MYK page and it will remove the Ads. If it's the Kindle Keyboard model. You just have to live with it. The offers are well worth it though. You get all kinds of discounts and even free stuff.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
Moses
Moses began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If it's the new Kindle 4 you pay $30 to Amazon on your MYK page and it will remove the Ads. If it's the Kindle Keyboard model. You just have to live with it. The offers are well worth it though. You get all kinds of discounts and even free stuff.
OK than. I'll try to live with it
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
If you are in the 30 day return window, you can send it back to Amazon and then buy a K3 WiFi that is not a special offer version. It will cost you more though.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I haven't tried this...so, use at own risk, your mileage may vary, yadda yadda yadda... But, it may work. http://juanchorossi.com/remove-kindle3-screensavers/
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert