Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #31
sprash
sprash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
You might have to find the patch for the reader also. Upgrades usually comes in two parts, one for connect and one for the reader.

Any luck with this anyone? Its frustrating that sony's almost there, but not quite!

from their troubleshooting guide:
Quote:
Q. Collections cannot be made on a compatible memory card inserted in Sony Reader.
A. When connecting Sony Reader PRS-500, collections can be made only in "Library" and "Sony Reader," and cannot be made on a memory card inserted in Sony Reader. If a memory card containing a collection is inserted in Sony Reader PRS-500, the collection will not appear on Sony Reader, but the content will not be deleted.

A. When using Sony Reader PRS-500, functions corresponding to CONNECT Reader can be used.

In eBook Library version 2.0, only functions corresponding to CONNECT Reader version 1.1 are supported.

Last edited by sprash; 10-18-2007 at 03:07 AM.
sprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #32
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Was anyone else able to create a collection on their external memory card? Last night I installed the upgrade and I was able to create collections for external memory but didn't have the time to really test. that's the only real change I saw with this installation. Oh and the program goes much faster now.

edit: I'm still using PRS-500.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #33
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

yes, now the "+" in the Connect software finally works for external memory cards; however, they don't appear in the reader's collection menu, now just need the post505 sony 500 firmware update.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #34
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
When I used the update from within the Sony Connect software there was no firmware update, just the base PC software.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #35
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
I downloaded the ebook library software today and was surprised when my library gave me the following message on every book I had imported:
"Unable to locate the file. This item has been removed, renamed or deleted."
It looks like you have to import all your books back into the library.
Or at least I did...
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #36
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alternative View Post
Or at least I did...
That's odd. I didn't have to reimport anything.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #37
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Quote:
I downloaded the ebook library software today and was surprised when my library gave me the following message on every book I had imported:
"Unable to locate the file. This item has been removed, renamed or deleted."
Or at least I did...

This happened to me as well. Another thing I noticed was that I left an RTF open in Word and when I went to transfer the file to the reader with the new version, it just sat there. I forgot that I left the file open in Word. When I closed the file, the transfer was able to proceed. If I remember correctly, the old connect version gave a message that the file was in use. This version just sits there quietly; no warnings.

-Seth
San Francisco, CA
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #38
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie

Upon further review....

I notice that the books that were purchased through Sony Connect still appear in my Library but every book that I created in BD or downloaded from this forum had to be reimported. Hmmm...
Old 10-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Upon further review....

I notice that the books that were purchased through Sony Connect still appear in my Library but every book that I created in BD or downloaded from this forum had to be reimported. Hmmm...
When you import a book into the library from a book on your system, it doesn't actually copy the book to the library. It just links to the book. So if you say have books in c:\BD\SonyReader\ and then put them in the library, they'll be fine as long as you don't move them. If you say then move them to d:\ebooks\LRF\ the links in the library won't work and you'll have to remove them from the library and readd them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #40
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie

The problem is that I never moved any files just downloaded the new "ebook library" software which should have picked up the files.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:26 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The problem is that I never moved any files just downloaded the new "ebook library" software which should have picked up the files.
When I upgraded, it did work for me no problem.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #42
Panurge
Enthusiast
Panurge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Panurge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Panurge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Panurge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I deleted Connect and installed Library. Now I can't link to the Sony store. Anyone else have this problem? Disabling all firewalls and virus software doesn't help. Collections work in the new software but don't register on my SD card in the Reader. Is there a Reader update I don't know about (besides the current 1.0.3)?
Panurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panurge View Post
I deleted Connect and installed Library. Now I can't link to the Sony store. Anyone else have this problem? Disabling all firewalls and virus software doesn't help. Collections work in the new software but don't register on my SD card in the Reader. Is there a Reader update I don't know about (besides the current 1.0.3)?
What happens exactly when you try to access the ebook store from within Ebook Library? Have you tried safe mode with network?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #44
Panurge
Enthusiast
Panurge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Panurge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Panurge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Panurge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What happens exactly when you try to access the ebook store from within Ebook Library? Have you tried safe mode with network?
I have disabled the firewall and the virus checker. Where is "safe mode"?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #45
Panurge
Enthusiast

I forgot to add that I get a message telling me that Library cannot connect to the store. One possibility: Sony Connect is still listed among the exclusions in my network firewall; but when I turn the firewall off altogether, I still can't get access.