Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #16
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
I tried the link with every Mac extension that I could think of and no dice.
That's not surprising. The link is to a .exe file -- a Windows executable.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #17
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
That's not surprising. The link is to a .exe file -- a Windows executable.
Just so you know, I removed the .exe and replaced it with the most common Mac file extensions. I know that Connect has been historically PC only, I was just hoping that they would come around to offering us some Mac love.

For those that have installed the updated software. Did you de-authorize your PC before installing the new software? Did it keep your books that you had in your library previously? Maintain your past collections?
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #18
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Quote:
Just so you know, I removed the .exe and replaced it with the most common Mac file extensions.
Oh, I get it. Sorry, I misunderstood your original post. I tend to be too literal at times.

I'll just slink off now....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
For those that have installed the updated software. Did you de-authorize your PC before installing the new software? Did it keep your books that you had in your library previously? Maintain your past collections?
No. Yes. Yes. Dunno -- I don't really keep collections on my PC side.

NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #20
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
Does this software run on Vista now?

I accidentally deleted the XP partition (Which was really only there for books) on my Mac and am stuck using the Vista partition for now.
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF74 View Post
It's PC only.
So why won't it work on a Mac PC if it's PC only?

Oh maybe it only runs under WINDOWS!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:48 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
All I did was install he new version and it updated my old version. No need to jump through hoops.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #23
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So why won't it work on a Mac PC if it's PC only?

Oh maybe it only runs under WINDOWS!
I didn't make up the monikors, I only use them.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #24
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All I did was install he new version and it updated my old version. No need to jump through hoops.
Thanks for the tip Jon. I upgraded and everything seems to be working as expected. I was pretty surprised to see that the app still looks like a throw-back to Windows 95. I was hoping that a major revision from a 1. to a 2. program would yield an interface update. No such luck.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

2.0 just adds in support for the 505 is all.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #26
otterman
otterman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-700/iPhone 3G (overhyped)
Quote:
Just so you know, I removed the .exe and replaced it with the most common Mac file extensions. I know that Connect has been historically PC only, I was just hoping that they would come around to offering us some Mac love.
I do this sometimes since I switched (for the most part) from PC to Mac and it sometimes works - most recently with a Palm app that the developer would only allow me to download again if I paid some kind of a download fee because it's been more than 30 days since I bought it. Uhhhh,....

I don't think so.
otterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #27
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
If you are still using Sony Connect, doing a "Check for Updates" will automatically download and install the new version Sony eBook Library.
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

They've finally setup the new one. Nice!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:45 AM   #29
jasonkchapman
Guru

I just loaded Connect and it automatically gave me the "A new version of...." message. It's downloading now.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #30
Arek_W
Connoisseur
Arek_W began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, ASUS N636
installed it for my prs-500 through an update. automaticaly raplaced all previous soft, new one works well. Except for some minor changes I can see (icon change or smthg like that) nothing new.
Good news it still support 500
Arek_W is offline   Reply With Quote