Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Exclamation Auto Increment Series Index Tweak *BUG FOUND

a BUG was found below see bottom of thread post #8

Quote:
The algorithm used to assign a new book in an existing series a series number.
New series numbers assigned using this tweak are always integer values, except
if a constant non-integer is specified.
Possible values are:
next - First available integer larger than the largest existing number
first_free - First available integer larger than 0
next_free - First available integer larger than the smallest existing number
last_free - First available integer smaller than the largest existing number
Return largest existing + 1 if no free number is found
const - Assign the number 1 always
a number - Assign that number always. The number is not in quotes. Note that
0.0 can be used here.
Examples:
series_index_auto_increment = 'next'
series_index_auto_increment = 'next_free'
series_index_auto_increment = 16.5
So I was playing with this and i'm not sure how it works... I'm trying to implement the last function... "a number"

what i'm trying to get it to do is... if a series has a name but no index number it assigns the value of 99.

example:

George RR Martin - Ice & Fire - Game of Thrones.epub

Author: George RR Martin
Series: Ice & Fire
Series_Index: 99
Title: Game of Thrones

Can this be done? Or am i misunderstanding how this works and if so how does it work i can't seem to get it to do anything.

Last edited by penguinaka; 07-24-2011 at 12:33 PM.
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinaka View Post
So I was playing with this and i'm not sure how it works... I'm trying to implement the last function... "a number"

what i'm trying to get it to do is... if a series has a name but no index number it assigns the value of 99.

example:

George RR Martin - Ice & Fire - Game of Thrones.epub

Author: George RR Martin
Series: Ice & Fire
Series_Index: 99
Title: Game of Thrones

Can this be done? Or am i misunderstanding how this works and if so how does it work i can't seem to get it to do anything.
If you select:
Last_free
And have
series_index_auto_increment = 10

now if your previous book was #9 ;we are going to increment from Last
the next book added will be 19
then 29...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

I see..thanks now its so clear duh *slaps forehead

next question is it possible to somewhere in calibre assign 99 as a value to the series_index that are not mark with a value at all? Instead of it automatically assigning it as 1 during import

for me that would be an indicator that i need to at some time look up the correct series number and correct... if it was marked that way..i would be able to tell it apart from books in a series that are truly the first in the series.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I see..thanks now its so clear duh *slaps forehead

next question is it possible to somewhere in calibre assign 99 as a value to the series_index that are not mark with a value at all? Instead of it automatically assigning it as 1 during import

for me that would be an indicator that i need to at some time look up the correct series number and correct... if it was marked that way..i would be able to tell it apart from books in a series that are truly the first in the series.
a number - Assign that number always. The number is not in quotes. Note that 0.0 can be used here.
type 99 in the tweak
Old 07-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!

i did that it doesn't work... have you actually tested it?

I put this in:

series_index_auto_increment = 99

dragged and dropped this file:

B Ella Donna - Blood - Blood Pool.epub

it was imported as

Author: B Ella Donna
Series: Blood
Series_Index: 1
Title: Blood Pool

I then dragged it in again to see if it would assign it the value if another exxisted in the database and it was assigned a value of 1... any suggestions?

i'm running 0.8.11

i use this a an add regex script which i know is not effecting it:

Code:
^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^-]+)
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
i did that it doesn't work... have you actually tested it?

I put this in:

series_index_auto_increment = 99

dragged and dropped this file:

B Ella Donna - Blood - Blood Pool.epub

it was imported as

Author: B Ella Donna
Series: Blood
Series_Index: 1
Title: Blood Pool

I then dragged it in again to see if it would assign it the value if another exxisted in the database and it was assigned a value of 1... any suggestions?

i'm running 0.8.11

i use this a an add regex script which i know is not effecting it:

Code:
^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^-]+)
You are not incrementing, you don't want that selection

the tweak box should contain:
Code:
# Auto increment series index
Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are not incrementing, you don't want that selection

the tweak box should contain:
Code:
i copy pasted what you put and applied below and above...restarted

and when i looked in the tweek box again it was reset back to

try testing yourself you will see

Last edited by penguinaka; 07-24-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
i copy pasted what you put and applied below and above...restarted

and when i looked in the tweek box again it was reset back to

try testing yourself you will see
You Sir! Are correct A BUG
(Note to Devs: I tried making the tweak the old way, by editing tweaks.py. I commented out the last line (existing value) and made a newline with just 99. Saved.

Started Calibre.
Looked at the tweak via preferences: It reset to DEFAULT, not my previous setting.)

I was writing this while Calibre restarted:

There are TWO different apply buttons that need to be done in proper order The top button is to apply the applied tweaks

Make the change on the SPECIFIC tweak.
Click the BOTTOM apply to keep it.
Optionally,: repeat with other tweaks.

Now exit the Tweaks panel by using the TOP Apply
Old 07-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!

I'm not going insane... thank you for confirming for me TheDucks .. since i had never played with it in the older versions i didn't know if it was working as intended and i was misinterpreting the instructions or not. thank you. well hopefully this will get fixed because it will save me literally hours / weeks of identification post import of a large project i'm going to import.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I'm not going insane... thank you for confirming for me TheDucks .. since i had never played with it in the older versions i didn't know if it was working as intended and i was misinterpreting the instructions or not. thank you. well hopefully this will get fixed because it will save me literally hours / weeks of identification post import of a large project i'm going to import.
I used to set new books to 0 (I use 0.nn for books that belong to a series, but have no place)

then they added other (first) options

then they added the improved GUI
something got broke in the valid entry checker along the way
Old 07-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!

i throw prequels into the 0 position so i have been using 99... but i have a ton of books that have a series name with no index number now and i don't want to take the time to edit literally thousands of books by hand right now... but if i import i won't know if they are really the first in the series or were just given that as a default especially when there was already a book there that was a valid series 1.

well its nice to know its a bug that will get put on a to do list... cheers
Old 07-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Out of curiosity, is there a bug report anywhere? Without that, it isn't on anyone's todo list.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Out of curiosity, is there a bug report anywhere? Without that, it isn't on anyone's todo list.
Bug #815573 filed
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #14
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Bug #815573 filed
thanks ducks whats the process to file one (wheres it located)?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
thanks ducks whats the process to file one (wheres it located)?
Bug Reports is the righ most link on the Calibre home page.
You will need a Launchpad account if you don't have one for some other program (Like Ubuntu )