Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
canyonzmom
canyonzmom began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color and Kindle
Multiple devices?

Can I use it for a Nook Color and a Kindle? I entered one device in the registration process and do not see where to enter another one.
canyonzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can use multiple devices just not at the same time. If you want to use you Kindle the Nook cannot be connected to your computer. When your done with the Kindle eject it, unplug it then plug in the Nook.

The wizard that has you select the device sets some parameters for certain cases. Such as comic conversion. 95% of the time the selection won't make a difference in a conversion.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm just in the process of setting up a Kindle bought as a gift for my Father-in-law. My copy of Calibre has a library set up for my own Kindle.

All I did for the new one was create a new, empty library and filled it with the books I intend to populate his Kindle with, which included sending copies from my library to the new one. It seems to work at treat, so I doubt you'll have problems with a Kindle and a Nook if you want to use separate libraries with separate readers.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You don't need to have separate libraries. As long as the book you want to send to the device currently connected has a format that's recognized by that device, Calibre will automatically send the correct format.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, nook color