Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #301
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Once again,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
For it to work, your font has to be installed as a system font, or you need to add it to calibre explicitly by clicking the Install fonts button in the manage fonts dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:06 AM   #302
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Dear Kovid, it's a little off topic, and I surely don't want to abuse your patience and time, but I did press the "Install fonts" button in the manage fonts dialog - with no result (as described above).
This evening, I shall try to define the font as system font - but, sincerely, I have little hope.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #303
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I installed the font as a system font, repeated the procedure, pressed the "install fonts" button in the manage fonts dialog - with the same error report. I did this on two of my computers.
There must be something fundamental that I'm doing wrong, as nobody else seems to have this problem.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #304
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Leonatus,

From everything you've said my guess is that url you have used in your @font-face is not quite correct for the actual internal directory structure in this particular book.
Code:
@font-face {
  font-family:"FoglihtenNo07";
  src: url(../Fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf);
  }
The above will always be correct in Sigil because Sigil always reorganises the internal files into a fixed layout, e.g. fonts always in a Fonts/ subdirectory CSS files always in a Styles/ subdirectory. In which case the code above is correct.

However, calibre does not do an automatic folder reorganisation when you open an epub. The @font-face url needs to be correct for the location of the .otf font file relative to the location of the CSS file. For example, if your CSS file is located in the parent directory of the Fonts/ subdirectory then the url would need to be coded as:
Code:
@font-face {
  font-family:"FoglihtenNo07";
  src: url(Fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf);
  }
In fact, are you even sure that your .otf file(s) are in a subdirectory at all? Because they may not be unless you've taken steps to make sure they are, e.g. by using the Editor Tools - Arrange Folders option, or by using Sigil.

Another thing to double-check. Everything is case-sensitive, e.g. Fonts/ is not the same as fonts/ - so make sure your url reflects actual file and directory names.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-17-2016 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Tools - Arrange folders
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:27 PM   #305
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I installed the font as a system font, repeated the procedure, pressed the "install fonts" button in the manage fonts dialog - with the same error report. I did this on two of my computers.
There must be something fundamental that I'm doing wrong, as nobody else seems to have this problem.
You dont need to press the Install Font button. You need to press the "Emed all fonts" button. The Install fonts button if for making a font available to calibre so that you dont have to install it system wide.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2016, 02:55 PM   #306
Leonatus
Wizard

@jackie_w: To replace "OEBPS" by ".." has been my first reaction, but it had no result, as well as other variants that I tried, for ex. leaving away "OEBPS" or ".." and beginning immediately with "Fonts", as you suggest.
The possibility of using the "Arrange folders" option has been until now unknown to me (thanks for the hint!). I tried it with a book where the adding of my font had worked (by working out in Sigil and re-opening in Calibre), and in the "Arrange folders" option, the sub-directory is "fonts", whereas in the page-style-css, I have "OEBPS/Fonts"; I saw books in Calibre with "fonts" in the page-style-css, and everything was working. So, I doubt if Calibre is really so strongly case-sensitive. But thank you for your support!

@Kovid: I forgot to mention, sorry! But I had pressed the "Embed all fonts" button.
Could it be that the name of the font causes the problems, by any characters that are difficult to handle, perhaps?

@jackie_w: I just tried it once more, with the help of your suggestion ("Arrange folders"). After clicking "OK", the declaration in the page-style-css changed to
Code:
src: url(../../fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf);
, and this did the trick! After running "Check book", no problem was reported.
I've no idea from where comes the double subdirectory, but I'm glad now!

Many, many thanks to all!

Last edited by Leonatus; 10-17-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #307
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Many, many thanks to all!
You're welcome

Might I also suggest that in the Editor you go to Edit - Preferences and on the 'Main Window' settings page check the last box, labeled 'Show full file paths in the Files Browser'. This will make it far more obvious exactly which directory (or sub-sub-directory!) each of your files resides in. This will make it much easier to set urls, anchor-links, etc correctly.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #308
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Might I also suggest that in the Editor you go to Edit - Preferences and on the 'Main Window' settings page check the last box, labeled 'Show full file paths in the Files Browser'. This will make it far more obvious exactly which directory (or sub-sub-directory!) each of your files resides in. This will make it much easier to set urls, anchor-links, etc correctly.
Thank you! This seems, indeed, to be very helpful - and I had strange surprises while comparing books this way: In some books, the path to the font (in my case) is
Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "FoglihtenNo07";
  src: url(../fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf);
  }
in others, let's say:
Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "FoglihtenNo07";
  src: url(OEBPS/Fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf);
  }
and so on, many differences occuring. I wasn't aware that one has to take care of so many things.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:26 AM   #309
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
I've fixed the bug where this plugin causes Sigil images to not be visible. The plugin now uses the same method to launch as Calibre does.

The version number has been bumped up, and changelog edited, as well.

I don't want to maintain this plugin, but I thought other people might like the fix, and maybe Kovid can replace the version in the first post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Open With.zip (168.0 KB, 492 views)
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #310
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
I've fixed the bug where this plugin causes Sigil images to not be visible. The plugin now uses the same method to launch as Calibre does.

The version number has been bumped up, and changelog edited, as well.
Thanks for the update. I know I can use Calibre's built in open with functionality but this saves me from mixing right and left clicks.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:13 AM   #311
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Thanks for this. In my initial investigation of this on again/off again problem, I did indeed notice that Sigil was trying to load Qt plugin dlls from calibre's qt_plugins directory (an environment variable used by calibre, it seems) instead of its own.

So, in essence, the plugin was always launching Sigil incorrectly, but it just "worked" while Sigil and calibre were using compatible versions of Qt plugin dlls; and didn't work when they differed. I just never got around to looking at Kovid's integral "Open with" code to see what he was doing differently.

Thanks again.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:45 AM   #312
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I did indeed notice that Sigil was trying to load Qt plugin dlls from calibre's qt_plugins directory (an environment variable used by calibre, it seems) instead of its own.
I suspect that all I really needed to change was adding the call to the built-in Calibre environment cleaner, but I went for launching with the exact same code because I knew that work.

BTW, I had never touched Python before this. Most of my mistakes in debugging were caused by whitespace errors, and that's why I'll probably never touch Python again if I can avoid it.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:51 AM   #313
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
BTW, I had never touched Python before this. Most of my mistakes in debugging were caused by whitespace errors, and that's why I'll probably never touch Python again if I can avoid it.
See, I'm the opposite. My editor takes care of whitespace/proper indentation, so throwing something together in Python is much, much more intuitive (and pleasant) for me than say C++. To each their own, though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:45 AM   #314
DolusBonus
DolusBonus began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keypad
Missing After 2.85.1 Update

I used to be able to right-click on the Kindle format of any book and then the open with... option would be included in the content menu that opened, allowing me to select the Kindle option (once it was set) and read the book in the Kindle desktop app.

For some reason that option is now missing and I'm not sure exactly when it first went "missing."

I have updated my copy of Calibre to 2.85.1 x64 version.

Any known issues or help you might offer?
DolusBonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #315
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As far as I can tell, the plugin is working. I configuration for I have for handling Kindle formats is there and attempts to start something. But, I don't have the application it tries to use, so while it tries to do something, it doesn't work. I think it would work if I had that application installed.

If something is missing from the menu, check the configuration and make sure it is still there. If it is and the entry doesn't appear on the menu, there should be an error somewhere. You might have to run calibre in debug mode to see it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, kepubify