Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
rroberrto
rroberrto began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Question TOC no longer works after Mobi -> LRF conversion...

Hi,

A little background check: having just switched over to Sony reader after someone accidentally sat on my passenger seat with a Cybook Gen3 on it ( = messed up e-ink screen), hated sony reader software, and currently using Calibre for my file conversion (existing collection of mobi books to LRF.)

Here's my problem, converting my books (chinese content) to LRF preserves the basic structure of the original TOC but they no longer point to the respective chapters in the book. I've tried to enable/disable the auto-detection and tag-based (which is close to totally meaningless to this newbie by the way) but they never did any good.

Funny thing is TOC worked just fine if I converted my books to epub, but then the encoding is totally wrong and chinese glyphs become meaningless ascii characters.

Your help is appreciated.

Robert
rroberrto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
rroberrto

Never mind the second question regarding epubs not displaying correctly, I've found the answer after some digging around. Some CSS manipulation is required to indicate font of choice and all's set.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroberrto View Post
Never mind the second question regarding epubs not displaying correctly, I've found the answer after some digging around. Some CSS manipulation is required to indicate font of choice and all's set.
Care to share? I need to figure that out too
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
rroberrto

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Care to share? I need to figure that out too
goto epub forum, search for articles containing 'chinese'