Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
scruffy
Enthusiast
scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise, n800, tablet, etc
Calibre for IMPs?

Pointer to post for more discussion:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...072#post245072
scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Please don't double post. It only adds clutter.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
scruffy
Enthusiast
scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Please don't double post. It only adds clutter.
I didn't double post, I posted in the most appropriate section, and then put a pointer in the other forum section where folks who might be interested (ie imp coders) would see it, since they might not otherwise read the Calibre section (since it doesn't currently support making imps)
Old 09-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Both posts will show up under "New Posts". Only one is needed, so the other is clutter.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nate, i understand what you're saying, and i agree with you in 99% percent of cases, but i do see scruffy's point of view and to be honest i think in this specific situation the double post is justified. i'm sure he won't make a habit of it, right ?

(i say this because there might be people who don't look at "new posts", or only look at the new posts of the specific forums they follow ; and i can imagine there are plenty who follow the eb1150 but not the calibre forum. myself, for instance.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
nate, i understand what you're saying, and i agree with you in 99% percent of cases, but i do see scruffy's point of view and to be honest i think in this specific situation the double post is justified. i'm sure he won't make a habit of it, right ?

(i say this because there might be people who don't look at "new posts", or only look at the new posts of the specific forums they follow ; and i can imagine there are plenty who follow the eb1150 but not the calibre forum. myself, for instance.)
Me, me, me, me, I fall into that category. It was primarily because it was posted here that I was made aware of it; especially given that I don't own a Sony e-ink device and I'm always in this forum....
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

see, and nick is EXACTLY the person you want to find out about this project !
Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
see, and nick is EXACTLY the person you want to find out about this project !
or ashkulz! See what he and Kovid have managed to whip up in a few hours. Now these guys are scary.... good scary!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

there's a whole little bunch of you i find scary. (good scary, of course !)
Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #10
nrapallo

Quote:
there's a whole little bunch of you i find scary. (good scary, of course !)
Oh, and over twenty posts a day since the beginning of the year and 5,452 Total Posts, to date, isn't somewhat scary too... (scary scary that is!) :
Old 09-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Oh, and over twenty posts a day since the beginning of the year and 5,452 Total Posts, to date, isn't somewhat scary too... (scary scary that is!) :
hm. i prefer not to answer, on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #12
nrapallo

Quote:
hm. i prefer not to answer, on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
Incriminate yourself? Wow, another 50 or so posts since eariler today; I think that's pretty convincing to me, even if you don't answer...

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-03-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

the ones that are just a quotation and a smiley shouldn't count.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
nrapallo

Quote:
the ones that are just a quotation and a smiley shouldn't count.
___
(smilie) (eek)
Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #15
scruffy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Me, me, me, me, I fall into that category. It was primarily because it was posted here that I was made aware of it; especially given that I don't own a Sony e-ink device and I'm always in this forum....
Thanks for the validation. Hopefully, Calibre will soon become the library software of choice for more than Sony folks...