Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-23-2014, 06:06 AM   #76
kib2
kib2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch With Glowlight
Ok, thanks anyway for your work.
Maybe we have to ask to someone how has already an ebook with XRay working ?
kib2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #77
GhostofFreud
GhostofFreud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The new version made the process much faster, thanks. But the main issue is still there.

I've attached some photos to help you understand the problem. Also, I'll be happy to help you as much as I can with testing the xray builder on the new firmware. Just tell me if you need me to do anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141223_174841.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	581.7 KB
ID:	132826   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141223_175049.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	561.2 KB
ID:	132827   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141223_175116.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	132828   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141223_175124.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	606.3 KB
ID:	132829   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141223_175137.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	550.5 KB
ID:	132830  
GhostofFreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #78
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Exth 501 could be PDOC, could be built using the wrong format (need to use new format option for firmware 5.6.1), or the metadata in the book on the Kindle doesn't match the one on your PC. Those are the 3 options that I'm aware of that cause that at least...
Exth 501 is set to EBOK and I used the new format
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:15 AM   #79
darrenmcg
Enthusiast
darrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Voyage 5.8.9.2
Red face A little help please...

Hi Ephemerality, I've had some great success with you tool. After a bit of help though.
I'm converting my epubs to AZW3 for use on my Paperwhite (1st generation) and every book I run through XRay Builder does not generate the 'chapters' part of the entities file. Perhaps it has something to do with my conversion settings in Calibre or what is in the RAWML file. Here's the relevant section from the RAWML file (I think).
Spoiler:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Table of Contents</title>
<link href="kindle:flow:0003?mime=text/css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

</head>
<body id="calibre_generated_inline_toc" aid="1AT9A0">
</body>
</html>
<h2 aid="1AT9A1">Table of Contents</h2>
<ul aid="1AT9A2">
<li aid="1AT9A3"><a href="kindleos:fid:0000ff:0000000000" aid="1AT9A4">Dedication</a></li>
<li aid="1AT9A5"><a href="kindleos:fid:0001ff:0000000000" aid="1AT9A6">Chapter 1</a></li>
<li aid="1AT9A7"><a href="kindleos:fid:0002ff:0000000000" aid="1AT9A8">Chapter 2</a></li>
<li aid="1AT9A9"><a href="kindleos:fid:0006ff:0000000000" aid="1AT9AA">Chapter 3</a></li>
<li aid="1AT9AB"><a href="kindleos:fid:0009ff:0000000000" aid="1AT9AC">Chapter 4</a></li>
<li aid="1AT9AD"><a href="kindleos:fid:000Dff:0000000000" aid="1AT9AE">Chapter 5</a></li>
Attached Files
File Type: txt RAWML Snippet.txt (4.6 KB, 275 views)
darrenmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #80
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenmcg View Post
Hi Ephemerality, I've had some great success with you tool. After a bit of help though.
I'm converting my epubs to AZW3 for use on my Paperwhite (1st generation) and every book I run through XRay Builder does not generate the 'chapters' part of the entities file. Perhaps it has something to do with my conversion settings in Calibre or what is in the RAWML file. Here's the relevant section from the RAWML file (I think).
The AZW3 conversion generates a different style of TOC than the MOBI conversion does. It doesn't seem to be consistent though, I generated one myself and got a slightly different style than you did as well. It might be possible to add detection for it, but I'll have to play around with it as it's not as simple as the MOBI style was.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #81
darrenmcg
Enthusiast
darrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Ok, thanks for looking into it Ephemerality. I'll have a go converting my EPUBs into MOBI and see how I get on.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #82
Bookmonkey
Bookmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Ok, thanks for looking into it Ephemerality. I'll have a go converting my EPUBs into MOBI and see how I get on.
I have some epubs converted to MOBI via Calibre and they have a TOC - at least I assume it's a "TOC" since my Kindle can correctly do the time left in chapter and there's a TOC at the start of the book. However, the X Ray app doesn't ever pick up the chapters.

I know the app is experimental for the newer firmware but I'm just wondering whether it's an "experimental" issue or whether I'm doing something wrong. How would I go about attempting to debug?
Bookmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #83
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmonkey View Post
I have some epubs converted to MOBI via Calibre and they have a TOC - at least I assume it's a "TOC" since my Kindle can correctly do the time left in chapter and there's a TOC at the start of the book. However, the X Ray app doesn't ever pick up the chapters.

I know the app is experimental for the newer firmware but I'm just wondering whether it's an "experimental" issue or whether I'm doing something wrong. How would I go about attempting to debug?
The chapter detection is the same for the new firmware stuff, so it's not part of the experimental stuff, it's just very basic and only really detects 1 specific kind of TOC.
You'd have to check the rawml to see what kind of format it wrote in. I think you also have to check the "force insert table of contents" or whatever it is called when you are doing the conversion.
The format it detects right now has a <reference> tag near the very beginning of the book pointing to where the TOC is.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #84
darrenmcg
Enthusiast

Wink

@Bookmonkey, I've managed to get the chapter detection working in X-Ray Builder by selecting "old" in "Preferences->MOBI Output->MOBI file type". Enabling "Force use of auto-generated Table of Contents" doesn't seem to have an effect, for me anyway...
I get:
Code:
<reference type="toc" title="Table of Contents" filepos=0001034418 />
in the book I've tried.
Multi-level ToC isn't supported in the old version of MOBI so you may need to tweak the XPath expressions to get the chapters to be generated properly (in the RAWML).
Old 01-09-2015, 03:56 PM   #85
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
@Bookmonkey, I've managed to get the chapter detection working in X-Ray Builder by selecting "old" in "Preferences->MOBI Output->MOBI file type". Enabling "Force use of auto-generated Table of Contents" doesn't seem to have an effect, for me anyway...
I get:
Code:
<reference type="toc" title="Table of Contents" filepos=0001034418 />
in the book I've tried.
Multi-level ToC isn't supported in the old version of MOBI so you may need to tweak the XPath expressions to get the chapters to be generated properly (in the RAWML).
Yeah, that's the type there. I'll work on trying to detect the format they use in the new MOBIs.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:45 AM   #86
rgponce
Banned
rgponce began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Ace
Lightbulb Suggestion/Request

Hi, i really like your software but i'm from Brazil and Shelfari database is almost all in english, i spend hours, translating the xml file downloaded by the Gui, to create a x-ray file.
There is a way to put a third selection of source on Gui, maybe a "txt"? This txt could have a simple structure, like: type > breakline > name > breakline > description.
That way (without tags, like "xml" has), i can create a source file in portuguese in a few minutes using copy/paste from sites like wikia, blogs or wikipedia.
Another question, the source name and source url is really necessary? If is required, how about use the first two lines of this "txt" to insert a common source name and source url?

ps: sorry my bad english
rgponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #87
rgponce
Banned

Exclamation Bug

I found a problem with latin terms (accents), them break the x-ray file and then don't open inside kindle. what's causing the problem is the coding of files in ASIN, when i convert all them (including the generated x-ray file), to UTF-8 (without BOM), then, the x-ray works.
The only problem i can't solve was with accented chapter names.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:44 PM   #88
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgponce View Post
I found a problem with latin terms (accents), them break the x-ray file and then don't open inside kindle. what's causing the problem is the coding of files in ASIN, when i convert all them (including the generated x-ray file), to UTF-8 (without BOM), then, the x-ray works.
The only problem i can't solve was with accented chapter names.
Accented characters have been causing a lot of issues, usually when I fix them it breaks the building process for someone else who was using ANSI. I've attached a version that saves/loads the files in UTF-8 instead, you can see if that works for you. If anyone else is trying it, they may have to convert any saved alias/character files to UTF8 first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgponce View Post
Hi, i really like your software but i'm from Brazil and Shelfari database is almost all in english, i spend hours, translating the xml file downloaded by the Gui, to create a x-ray file.
There is a way to put a third selection of source on Gui, maybe a "txt"? This txt could have a simple structure, like: type > breakline > name > breakline > description.
That way (without tags, like "xml" has), i can create a source file in portuguese in a few minutes using copy/paste from sites like wikia, blogs or wikipedia.
Another question, the source name and source url is really necessary? If is required, how about use the first two lines of this "txt" to insert a common source name and source url?

ps: sorry my bad english
I will add this for you when I get a chance.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 02-23-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #89
rgponce
Banned

Thank you for the update and sorry for borring you.

I made a few tests and x-ray didn't work because 'XRAY.entities' is still being created as ASIN. Converted the file to UTF-8 and still didn't work (same coding of 'chapters' and 'aliases' files). When i converted it to 'UTF-8 (without BOM)', x-ray works.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #90
Infinite3
Enthusiast
Infinite3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde paper white
Hey, I have a question. I am currently reading a 80+ series, and none of the books have any xray on them, accept for the ones I put on. The problem I have is, there are about 100+ main characters, and 25+ races, and probably 50+ locations. I am wondering, is it possible to A(use the same xray file for both books or B( mass update the shelfari.
Either of those possible. Thanks!
Infinite3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray