Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
CalibreDB not adding covers

With one of the latest versions (I'm not sure which as I don't update every cycle, but the first time I saw it was with 3.38) calibredb has stopped adding covers specified in .opf files when you add using --one-book-per-directory.

I have a routine that places a PDF in a directory, creates an .opf file for it, creates a .jpg cover then calls calibredb, and the cover is no longer set, instead you get the blue default cover, in previous versions the cover was added correctly.

When I add from the front end interface using the the One book per directory option, the cover gets added correctly, but not when using calibredb.

To make sure it wasn't something in my .opf file, I just created a new blank library, manually added a pdf, set the author/title and cover for the pdf and saved that book to disk from calibre (S) and moved the resulting book directory to d:\cdbtest. Then removed that book from the library and tried re-adding it using calibredb.
Code:
C:>"c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibredb.exe" --with-library=http://localhost:8080/#Testing add  --one-book-per-directory "d:\cdbtest"
Added book ids: 2
The book adds with the correct Author/Title, but with No Cover.

I ran this test with version 3.39.1 [64bit]

Last edited by XrXca; 02-04-2019 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Add Calibre Version
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me. Zip up this test folder of yours and attach it and I will try to reproduce with that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #3
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

I've done a bit more testing using clean systems, the change happened between version 3.36 and 3.37.
Two screen captures are included in the zip that show the results.

For each version, a clean Windows 10 virtual machine was used, a C:\Calibre\Testing was created, Calibre 64bit was installed using the defaults (except for the library path)
The only setting changes was to turn on the "Allow un-authenticated local connections to make changes" option, and start the server.
Then the command line was run:
Code:
"\Program Files\Calibre2\calibredb.exe" --with-library=http://localhost:8080/#Testing add --one-book-per-directory "c:\Calibre\cdbtest"
Version 3.36 and earlier add the cover correctly, version 3.37 and on do not.

Interestingly if I do a set_metadata call with the id returned by the add call followed by the opf filename, the cover then gets set correctly, so the issue is just in the add portion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	336.png
Views:	89
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	169538   Click image for larger version

Name:	337.png
Views:	82
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	169539  
Attached Files
File Type: zip CalibreCoverIssue.zip (811.4 KB, 90 views)
Old 02-07-2019, 03:27 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ce4bf71ef18f18
Old 02-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #5
XrXca
Avid Reader

That fixed it, Thank You.

And an odd suggestion, not that it would make much difference to me as the server is always running with the GUI, but would it be useful to show (maybe in the statusbar) an indicator to show that the server is running?

And an odd question so I know for the future, I just made a donation, but since I'm not coming from the Rupee or US dollar, which I use makes no difference to me, I used US$ as I know that exchange rate without having to look it up, but do you have a preference of one currency over the other?

Last edited by XrXca; 02-08-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:51 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The color of the connect/share button in the toolbar serves as a visual indication that the server is running. And thanks fo rthe donation, either currency is fine with me.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:12 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The color of the connect/share button in the toolbar serves as a visual indication that the server is running. And thanks fo rthe donation, either currency is fine with me.
Because I don't have a toolbar I didn't know that - any chance of putting something in the status bar - maybe make your name blink (joke ) ?
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #8
XrXca
Avid Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The color of the connect/share button in the toolbar serves as a visual indication that the server is running.
Huh, I never knew that either. I generally drop a half dozen of the default toolbar buttons to make room for plugins, and that was one of them.