Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
Dougr33
Nameless Being

More Newbie Help: saving quote

Hello. Have the Clara HD with latest firmware.
1. Is Facebook the ONLY way to save some highlighted text off of the reader? Is there any other way/hack that I can save an interesting paragraph off of the Kobo?
2. If Facebook is the only way...
I can sign into my Facebook account from Settings/Accounts: It shows me signed in, and my username, even after reboot. BUT, when I highlight some text, and choose Facebook, it asks me to log in again(it actually signed me out!)... and the signin fails/loops, even though, of course, my username and password had just worked from the settings menu.
So, any ideas on a non-Facebook solution, or what's going on with Facebook.
Many thanks for any ideas folks!!
Old 12-25-2018, 05:25 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Getting annotations of the Kobo devices has been discussed plenty of time here before. Facebook is the only supported method. But, I've never used it, so I can't help there.

There are plenty of other methods including, querying the database directly, the Annotations plugin in calibre, several tools written by people here. Exactly which is best for you depends on what you want to do with them and your skills. A search should find the discussions. Nothing has changed recently in this area, so they should all still be valid.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #3
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Getting annotations of the Kobo devices has been discussed plenty of time here before. Facebook is the only supported method. But, I've never used it, so I can't help there.

There are plenty of other methods including, querying the database directly, the Annotations plugin in calibre, several tools written by people here. Exactly which is best for you depends on what you want to do with them and your skills. A search should find the discussions. Nothing has changed recently in this area, so they should all still be valid.
Thank you very much. I found one, and will look for others.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
If you edit the file "Kobo eReader.conf" on your Kobo, you can add these lines, and an option to export ALL the highlights in a ebook to a SINGLE file will be added to the readers Annotation menu:

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExportHighlights=true
If the line "[FeatureSettings]" already exists, don't add it again, just put the "ExportHighlights=true" line beneath it; if it doesn't exist, add both lines.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #5
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
If you edit the file "Kobo eReader.conf" on your Kobo, you can add these lines, and an option to export ALL the highlights in a ebook to a SINGLE file will be added to the readers Annotation menu:

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExportHighlights=true
If the line "[FeatureSettings]" already exists, don't add it again, just put the "ExportHighlights=true" line beneath it; if it doesn't exist, add both lines.
Thanks so much! Very helpful.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Kobo Utilities Plugin on Calibre works best for me as it allows copy highlights/annotations of selected book in calibre to be pasted to clipboard. I proof read / correct my own writing on it and find my Original H2O far better for that than any Kindle or my other ePub based readers.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote