Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Nica423
Nica423 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile NEWBIE

Greetings to all.
I am the newest of newbies. I'm in Nashville and just venturing into the ebook realm...the creation part anyway. I hope to wade through and remain sane.

I'm a writer and Administrative Assistant for an entertainment production and marketing company. Right now I am attempting to create an ebook series of inspirational or devotionals for the Hip-Hop generation. It's a cool concept.

My company is small, family based and definitely on a cost cutting, do it yourself mission...so here am

Looking forward to here for
Nica423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica423 View Post
Greetings to all.
Greeting and salutations. Welcome to ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica423 View Post
Right now I am attempting to create an ebook series of inspirational or devotionals for the Hip-Hop generation. It's a cool concept.
cool.. but what is the Hip-Hop generation? Is that basically all the kids that ride Hippity Hops?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi nica, welcome ! you'll soon find that this community loves authors who are making ebooks and will enthusiastically help you with any questions you might have.

since you're just starting out, i'd like to strongly recommend you learn to create epub files to start with as a best practice ; epub is the new industry standard and can be read natively on some devices or easily converted to other popular formats like mobipocket. it's the most versatile and robust format available and will continue to improve.

depending on your needs and skill level there are many ways to do this, have a look around the forums to start with and don't hesitate to post questions. take a look at calibre as well (there's a dedicated forum) for a useful conversion / library management app.

i'm sure you'll soon be making ebooks like a pro.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Nica423

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Greeting and salutations. Welcome to ya.

cool.. but what is the Hip-Hop generation? Is that basically all the kids that ride Hippity Hops?

BOb
Funny. It's basically those that grew up with Hip-Hop music and are influenced by the whole culture of it. It includes a lot of baby boomers like myself as well.

It's called "Flippin Scripts". Kind of an intro to the scriptures in a hip-hop vernacular. Not to many Hip-Hop Heads or Boomers for that matter carry around bibles but they pretty much ALL carry PDA's or smartphones.

Last edited by Nica423; 01-15-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Welcome to the forum!
That sounds like a fun and admirable pursuit. The best of luck to you!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Nica423

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hi nica, welcome !

since you're just starting out, i'd like to strongly recommend you learn to create epub files to start with as a best practice ; epub is the new industry standard and can be read natively on some devices or easily converted to other popular formats like mobipocket. it's the most versatile and robust format available and will continue to improve.
Thanks so much. Will add epub to my reading list. Greatly appreciate the heads up.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Nica423 and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote