Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #31
JVM
JVM began at the beginning.

Device: none
Verso

Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
I got the Verso Clip Light right from Chapters, the white one to match my kobo (very stylish ). I do like it a lot. It fits the kobo very well; the gooseneck is nicely adjustable to avoid glare spots or even angle it away from shining at my sleeping husband in bed.
It is, however, very bright; so I made a little sleeve out of cream-coloured paper which I slip over it to dim the light to less glare. The other problem is that sometimes when it's been on for a longer time the switch doesn't want to turn off any more, so then I have to pop open the battery compartment, take out the batteries and put them back in until next time. I've been meaning to get it exchanged at Chapters, but might have missed the boat on that (I've had it since Christmas).
I have this light as well. I compared to the XtraFlex 2 and found the Verso not as heavy. I like this because when reading in bed I can still hold the Kobo with one hand. I like the brightness, it's easy to clip to the unit and doesn't scratch it, and mine shuts off easily.
JVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #32
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Location is being a minor issue; I seem to have luck on the top left corner. I will experiment though and see what I can do to "thicken" the unit to make the clasp grip better though.
Rather than thickening the unit, maybe you could get one or two of those small rubber (or cork) adhesive feet and put them inside the book light clip.
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #33
Ms M
Enthusiast
Ms M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura aboutMs M has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo WiFi
I bought a great little LED eReader-Lite™ at Target. It fits perfectly on my KOBO. They had this particular one in the book section half off for less than $5.00. Since Target carries the Kindle, there was another brand that looks exactly like it for $10 - go figure. Maybe 'cos it was hanging above the Kindle display. I would look in the book section first.. Good Luck!

I just found a picture of it: http://www.capstoneindustries.com/eb..._ereaders.aspx

Last edited by Ms M; 04-08-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Ms M is offline   Reply With Quote