Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Various formats for Sony PRS-700---which one?

I'm trying to understand what are the advantages and disadvantageous of each of the popular digital book formats, including Sony's own proprietary format.

I generally favour variants of the PDF because it not only preserves the font style and typography but also the layout. Beyond that, I don't know what other format to choose. This question comes up for me when I'm buying a format and there is no variant of the PDF (e.g., no Adobe Digital Edition) and I don't know if I should choose LRF, ePub, Mobi, or whatnot.

Any clues? Or perhaps let me know where I can read up?

Thanks!
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
LRF would probably look best on your Sony followed by ePub. PDF keeps the layout only if the font is on 'Small', otherwise it will reflow and place odd paragraph breaks and make conversations confusing. Mobi would require conversion to a format readable on the Sony and I have no experience working with that.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert