Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #61
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Can this be done via WinSCP?

Are you sure with the files? I loaded another one , packed in a *.gz
First of all it would better to ask this on its related thread to get a "safer" help.

mmcblk0p1 is active when KindleOS is running hence you should run this command through a RUNME.sh.

if you download a file from the referenced links with an extension gz, then it probably a zipped img file. just unzip it.

second command just erases the /var/local .

Last edited by thomass; 04-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #62
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Can this be done via WinSCP?

Are you sure with the files? I loaded another one , packed in a *.gz

EDIT: found the files, so no need to flash the whole kernel?

EDIT2: ok after having read a bit, it has to be done in fastboot mode, am I right. Good that I have a Fire as well and done some stuff there already...
The "dd" commands are done from SSH. To "dd" to mmcblk0p1 you should boot from diags. Writing to the partition you booted from can result in a corrupted partition, because the firmware sometimes writes stuff to its own partition. You can look for "mntroot rw" commands in the startup scripts to verify this.

To erase mmcblk0p3, you do not need to erase the entire partition (just enough so it will not mount on next boot). You can add "count=1000" to that "dd" command. Some people have reported problems with not specifying the count. It really should not matter, but it does not hurt to add a count just to be safe (and it will be faster too).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #63
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
Hi.
I successfully updated my KT to the latest version but now I have a strange bug:
I disabled "E-ink refresh every page" but I still have refresh on each page turn!!

could you help me?

ps: it seems it disappears from time to time.
Can someone confirm this as well?
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #64
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
Can someone confirm this as well?
mine is fine
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #65
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Can anybody, please, let me have a < 5.1.0 unmodified version of these files?

/etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_orientation.lua
/etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_ligl.lua
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #66
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
me too pls
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #67
urbster1
urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I was able to update after uninstalling jailbreak, launcher, custom screensaver, and KT_rotate 0.2. The update ran fine and my ads have not reappeared; however it did reset to the default fonts
urbster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #68
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
@pirl, diba

here are the files:

[MODS: Files deleted. Copyright files may not be uploaded to the forums without the copyright holder's permission.]

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-12-2012 at 05:01 PM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #69
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Merci, gracias, grazie, thanks, danke
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #70
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Can anybody, please, let me have a < 5.1.0 unmodified version of these files?

/etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_orientation.lua
/etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_ligl.lua
you need for uninstalling auto-rotate?
just use the uninstaller, i have leaved both version 0.1 & 0.2 in the rotate hack thread for this purpose
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #71
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks in any case to yiming. BTW it did not work for me. I've really no idea on how to proceed. Going to call Amazon helpdesk tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #72
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Thanks in any case to yiming. BTW it did not work for me. I've really no idea on how to proceed. Going to call Amazon helpdesk tomorrow.
My scenario might help you, so I share it: I was having trouble like you and I was just about to download the mmcblkp0 from dasmoover website and apply fastboot (with MfgTool). I was frustrated but then ...... because I took note of all my changes/hacks I made so far, I tried to undo them and then reboot my KT. The startup was weird and for 20-30 minutes it was 'frozen' on the Man&Tree page!!! So I put it away and proceeded to really download mmcblkp0. Suddenly it showed progress bar and update to 5.1.0 was successful. So:

I'd say you don't need to call Amazon CS. First undo all changes you can think of (rotation, font, WPA-EAP, etc.) and if not just fastboot the mmcblk01. After all, your Kindle is jailbroken and Amazon is not supposed to solve OUR issues anymore!

And btw, after 5.1.0 I can't get the GUI Launcher to work. It installed successfully but it doesn't show up. Any one has same problem?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #73
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
And btw, after 5.1.0 I can't get the GUI Launcher to work. It installed successfully but it doesn't show up. Any one has same problem?
Do data.tar.gz and related hacks and jailbreaks still work? Could somebody running 5.1.0 please verify that? You can try my "sample" that just displays stuff, that you can download with my data.tar.gz. I am not ready to update my touch yet, but I want to know so I do not give faulty advice. Thanks...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #74
pirl8
Pest

SUCCESS!!!

I was about throwing my KT out of the window when I realized that there where 2 screen rotating hacks and maybe i installed the older one. I ran all the possible uninstallers (but the jailbreak) uploaded the 5.1.0 firmware and the update did work.

Ther was no need to factory reset and jailbreak is still in place reinstalled usbneworking and it's OK.

Thank you everybody!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #75
Prokrypt
Prokrypt began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Do data.tar.gz and related hacks and jailbreaks still work? Could somebody running 5.1.0 please verify that? You can try my "sample" that just displays stuff, that you can download with my data.tar.gz. I am not ready to update my touch yet, but I want to know so I do not give faulty advice. Thanks...
New user here... Never done any hacks on my Kindle Touch, but I've read many threads in this forum. I had just decided that I wanted custom screensavers after I updated to 5.1.0, and to my dismay, the data.tar.gz method didn't work. I even restarted a couple of times.

My RUNME.sh remained... unrun?
Prokrypt is offline   Reply With Quote