Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
DavidTC
Connoisseur
DavidTC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Boox C67ML
Plugboard limitations.

Am I correct in thinking there is no way to change the Series via the plugboard? Why is this?

Is the assumption that nothing besides calibre uses those? Because fbreader does.

I actually think it would be very nice if Calibre let us set _randomly_ named fields, using the meta tag output. But at the very least there should be the option to rewrite the built-in fields.
DavidTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You are correct, plugboards cannot change series or a host of other fields. Rationale: Plugboards exist to work around limits in readers that don't use the rest of the metadata, putting data into fields that the readers do use. For readers that are able to use more of the metadata, those fields should already be correct. I am an FBreader user, and that is certainly my experience. I have seen reports that other android readers use calibre's metadata to good advantage, e.g., moon+ IIRC.

I see no advantage in complicating plugboards more than they already are to add changing fields that in the vast majority of cases contain correct data, so I won't make this change. If you wish to make these changes, then make sure that Kovid will accept them before you spend much time on it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert