Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
overdrive?

Does anyone know how to set up overdrive on the vox? I've tried different routes and nothing works.
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Can you not download the App?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I've asked a mod to move this to the Vox subforum. There is already a thread about that there, but this belongs thee, anyway.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
Alans
Connoisseur

Overdrive

I couldn't download it from the app section and when I did find
it I wasn't able to make it work.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Search is your friend:

http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/AndroidEULA.aspx
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Alans
Connoisseur

Overdrive

Thanks, i'll give that a try.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
Alans
Connoisseur

I have followed the URL you have provided for overdrive and it did take me to the site,but after I press agree it says it will download and nothing happens. I see that it has downloaded but I still can't get it to work and the people on the help line have no idea what to do.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Is everything "standard" on your Kobo Vox? I surfed to the Overdrive site using my Vox, downloaded the app, pressed install and then logged in with my usual Adobe ID. I was able to grab a DRM library book from my local library immediately.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alans View Post
I have followed the URL you have provided for overdrive and it did take me to the site,but after I press agree it says it will download and nothing happens. I see that it has downloaded but I still can't get it to work and the people on the help line have no idea what to do.
Did you drag down the activity window (or whatever its called) and tap the apk to execute it?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
Alans
Connoisseur

I,ve figured out how to download the app, finally, but it won,t accept my adobe password.
I,ve tried three different logins and none work.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
D3TO
D3TO began at the beginning.

Similar problems here. Adobe didn't recognize "credentials" even though I entered ID and password as registered. Also, when I try to download epub from library, I get error message on Overdrive, forcing close. Can't re-open. Downloaded again, same thing. I've also noticed downloaded apps like Overdrive keep disappearing from my downloads folder. Very frustrating.
D3TO is offline   Reply With Quote