Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #16
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
There might be a way to set the widows and orphans globally from within the .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file but it's not tested yet and uncertain if those options are listened to by Kobo.
I tried this and it seems to not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Fab - thankyou!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Such a shame you have to do it in Calibre individually each time - will start stuffing it in
Indeed! It's a lot easier if you always convert your books, as you can have the orphan/widow settings put in automatically (see the screen shot of my previous post) – but if you don't want to convert it's annoying. There should me a main setting in Kobo, in fact, I think it should be including in de UI, in the book menu with all the other reading settings.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Indeed! It's a lot easier if you always convert your books, as you can have the orphan/widow settings put in automatically (see the screen shot of my previous post)
Have copied your screen shot into Calibre

Thanks for letting me pick your brains again - removes wooden stick from Mrs O's ear
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Have copied your screen shot into Calibre

Thanks for letting me pick your brains again - removes wooden stick from Mrs O's ear
Old 03-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #19
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
They just let you keep the old one while the new one was in transit? Did they ask for your credit card number and put a temporary hold on it at least?
Yes, they let me keep the defective one until the replacement arrived, no credit card number needed. I've been using the new one for the past two days to check it out before mailing back the defective one. They did make me pay for return postage though.

Thanks for all that info about filling in some of that open screen space, Mrs_Often! I never went past changing margin and font restrictions with Calibre and will now delve more deeply into using it.
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro traveler View Post
Yes, they let me keep the defective one until the replacement arrived, no credit card number needed. I've been using the new one for the past two days to check it out before mailing back the defective one. They did make me pay for return postage though.

Thanks for all that info about filling in some of that open screen space, Mrs_Often! I never went past changing margin and font restrictions with Calibre and will now delve more deeply into using it.
Huh. I've never heard of any company doing that. Normally they put a temporary hold on your credit card for the amount equal to the market value of the device they're replacing until they receive the defective one. Just asking to be swindled if you ask me.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
Huh. I've never heard of any company doing that.
Surprised me, too. Guess they already knew how trustworthy I am

They've been very communicative, too, even contacting me unbidden via email when the defective unit got back to them. And they've checked back to see if everything was resolved ok. New one has been working fine.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #22
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Surprised me, too. Guess they already knew how trustworthy I am

They've been very communicative, too, even contacting me unbidden via email when the defective unit got back to them. And they've checked back to see if everything was resolved ok. New one has been working fine.
Huh! That's really nice! I didn't get any of that

(Well, not until after I got some attention from the boss.)

What country did you have to send your device to?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
euro traveler
Connoisseur

Quote:
What country did you have to send your device to?
I sent the defective unit across the USA to California. The replacement unit was shipped from Taiwan. Their emails came out of Canada.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #24
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
I sent the defective unit across the USA to California. The replacement unit was shipped from Taiwan. Their emails came out of Canada.
Great, good to know, thanks. So now my second replacement will be coming from Taiwan, probably

Tags
kobo mini, screen defect, warranty