Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I just got a notification on my cell phone offering to extend my KU membership for an additional term. When I clicked (with a bit of trepidation, since I don't usually get offers from Kindle as notifications on my cell phone), it took me to an offer page that showed the same terms/pricing as this deal posted by @kindleing last November. (I thought the rather odd prices looked familiar and was able to find last year's thread/post about it...)
I posted this yesterday in the Audiobook deals thread. I should've cross-posted it here too.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Where do I look/post for BF deals:

Media Deals================================================== ==========

For BF/PD only, I'm going to change the above arrangement to the following - tm

Media Deals

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-16-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Shop Now, Save Now
Quote:
Amazon’s Holiday Dash Event Starts Today with Black Friday-Worthy Deals Dropping Daily

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 16, 2020-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Customers can shop now and score Black Friday-worthy deals with Amazon’s Holiday Dash deals event—deep discounts from small businesses and top brands are available across the hottest categories from toys to fashion, electronics, home, kitchen, beauty and more at amazon.com/holidaydash. With new deals dropping every day starting today, customers can shop early and with confidence that they are getting Black Friday-worthy deals and incredible savings on a huge selection of products—making it easy to check everyone off the gift list earlier than ever. Plus, Amazon will offer customers over a million deals worldwide throughout the season, in addition to the biggest-ever collection of Holiday Gift Guides and a wide selection of products at everyday low prices, making it truly a season of savings for customers all around the world.
Holiday Dash
Quote:
Early Black Friday Deals Daily

Amazon’s Holiday Dash deals event is serving up holiday cheer and epic savings early this year to give customers more time to shop and save. There’s no need to wait to secure great deals—with Holiday Dash, Amazon is making it easier than ever to find top gifts at amazing prices ahead of the holiday hustle—plus most items shipped now through December 31, 2020 can be returned until January 31, 2021. The deals included below, and many more, will be available on various dates and times beginning today, while supplies last.
Quote:
Entertainment: Amazon Music, Audible, Books & Prime Video

Amazon Music: Beginning October 23, new Amazon Music Unlimited customers can get three months of the premium streaming tier free, to enjoy unlimited access to more than 60 million songs, ad-free and a wide selection of popular podcasts.

Amazon Music: Beginning October 29, current Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers can upgrade to the Family Plan free for three months, with access for up to six accounts.

Audible: Between November 1 and December 31, new members save nearly 40% on the first six months of an Audible Plus membership at just $4.95 per month. Membership includes unlimited access to more than 10 thousand Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts.

Books: Deals on select multi-genre books and ebooks throughout the season.

Prime Video: This holiday season, Prime Video will offer up to 50% off select popular Halloween, family and holiday movies to rent or buy. Deals will roll out over the next few months, so be sure to check www.amazon.com/pmd for updates.
Quote:
Amazon Gift Cards

Starting today, customers using Amazon Reload to replenish their Amazon Gift Card balance for the first time will receive a $10 bonus with their reload of $100 or more. Offer available through December 31.

Starting October 26, first-time Amazon Gift Card shoppers will receive a $15 promotional credit with the purchase of $50 or more in Amazon Gift Cards. Offer available through December 20. The promotional credit expires on February 6, 2021. Other restrictions apply.
Quote:
Amazon Credit Cards

Now through December 22, with an eligible Prime membership, customers who apply and are approved for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card will instantly receive a $100 Gift Card. Prime Cardmembers earn 5% back at Whole Foods Market and Amazon.com.

Additionally, starting November 1 through December 22, customers without a Prime membership can apply for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card and receive a $60 Gift Card upon approval, in addition to earning 3% back at Whole Foods Market and Amazon.com as a cardmember. Restrictions apply. Visit amazon.com/visa for details.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-17-2020 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:08 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
In my semi-eternal quest for a replacement for my old/defunct Samsung Galaxy Players, and my old Moto E 2nd gen, whose Android is getting a bit long-in-the-tooth, I decided to try this one.

And although the E6 is a little too big with a 5.5" screen (the Moto E was 4.5" and the Galaxy Players even smaller), at this price, with the 20% additional rewards points, it seems worth a try. At least it has a microSD card slot, which the much better-sized IMO Palm Phone doesn't - sigh!

One other thought, since the 25% is actually a 20% rewards points bonus, in addition to the normal 5% bonus, on what is charged on your Prime credit card, I suspect one should not let the checkout use existing gift card credit instead of the credit card. At least I didn't - I suspect it might not pay the bonus if it's on a gift card, and not on a Prime credit card. Maybe someone else will know if that's the way it works or not, but I just wanted to be on the safe side, so I made sure the whole total charged to my Prime credit card.

Thanks again, @tubemonkey!

YW

I was thinking about this phone too and pulled the plug late last night. I ordered two and expect delivery later today.

It's nigh on impossible to find a decent phone in the 4~5 inch range. So for $16 (after the 25% discount), I figured this will do to tide me over until I find something I really want. I really have nothing to lose.

I read some reviews and they weren't kind, mainly because the specs were inferior to other comparably priced phones. Since I'm not using it as a phone, I really don't care. I'm using it strictly as a WiFi device and its specs are a huge improvement over my Moto E2 and LG Volt.

I'll give my impressions after I get it.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:29 PM   #50
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I have two concepts for my wish list.

The first is a music (ideally jazz) CD box set.

The second is Criterion Collection DVDs which may go on sale.

Thanks!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #51
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I have two concepts for my wish list.

The first is a music (ideally jazz) CD box set.

The second is Criterion Collection DVDs which may go on sale.

Thanks!
From what I've seen, Criterion's prices are out of sight. Fortunately I recorded a few hundred movies back when they were included with Hulu...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:43 AM   #52
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Looks like the E6 phone deal is over. They all show up as near $40 now. Terms and conditions stated the deal was good til midnight Oct 18. I missed it! Wait is the price posted here for card holders only? That must be it. No card, no deal! Figures.

Last edited by booklover6; 10-18-2020 at 05:55 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:56 AM   #53
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wish list - last year I got 64 GB SD cards for $8. I believe they were SanDisk. I want more!
Old 10-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #54
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Wish list - last year I got 64 GB SD cards for $8. I believe they were SanDisk. I want more!
I need about 4 of these too!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:59 AM   #55
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I need about 4 of these too!
S
In the past I've gotten good deals on Samsung SD cards. If you need several, PNY sometimes has nice discounts on multi-packs...

Edit> Be careful with no-name products. If you go that route, make sure to check every piece to confirm the advertised capacity - I've had to return flash drives that were labeled 16GB but actually only 1,2 or 4GB.

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 10-18-2020 at 10:04 AM.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #56
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
It's easy to tell I follow your advice , because I too have the Moto E2 and LG Volt from past years, and like them both. But as you say, both are getting old spec-wise, and mine are kind of beat up, since they are my toss-it-in-a-bag-and-don't-worry-about-it units, and also the batteries on all of mine are getting iffy. I have my fingers crossed (as you do) that as a non-phone mini-tablet/mp3 player/ereader, the E6 will be okay, especially since I've really liked my two E2s. We shall see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
YW

I was thinking about this phone too and pulled the plug late last night. I ordered two and expect delivery later today.

It's nigh on impossible to find a decent phone in the 4~5 inch range. So for $16 (after the 25% discount), I figured this will do to tide me over until I find something I really want. I really have nothing to lose.

I read some reviews and they weren't kind, mainly because the specs were inferior to other comparably priced phones. Since I'm not using it as a phone, I really don't care. I'm using it strictly as a WiFi device and its specs are a huge improvement over my Moto E2 and LG Volt.

I'll give my impressions after I get it.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #57
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Looks like the E6 phone deal is over. They all show up as near $40 now. Terms and conditions stated the deal was good til midnight Oct 18. I missed it! Wait is the price posted here for card holders only? That must be it. No card, no deal! Figures.
Yeah, this offer is restricted to Amz Prime credit card holders with active Prime memberships.

Still, that was mighty lame of Amazon to raise prices while the sale is still active.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:05 PM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Do you mean mSD or do you want the full size SD cards?
Old 10-18-2020, 02:12 PM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It's easy to tell I follow your advice , because I too have the Moto E2 and LG Volt from past years, and like them both. But as you say, both are getting old spec-wise, and mine are kind of beat up, since they are my toss-it-in-a-bag-and-don't-worry-about-it units, and also the batteries on all of mine are getting iffy. I have my fingers crossed (as you do) that as a non-phone mini-tablet/mp3 player/ereader, the E6 will be okay, especially since I've really liked my two E2s. We shall see...
I got the phones a few hours after I posted and so far, I'm very impressed. It's a keeper. The only drawback so far is the size. That does not impress me.

Anyway, I have two cases on order that'll arrive today. Later on, I'll give a short review of the phone.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #60
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Do you mean mSD or do you want the full size SD cards?
mSD, thanks!