Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-24-2020, 09:08 PM   #1
nindotza
nindotza began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader
MoonReader and html/css rendering

In a functional sense, MoonReader works very well for me to present books to be read. I use it every day. However, when using Calibre to format epub documents to correct issues in various books I have downloaded, I have discovered that in MoonReader simple html and especially css tags get ignored. Centering, spacing, fonts, and so forth just get ignored. I am attempting to sort out what works and what does not, has anyone else struggled with this? I would appreciate a discourse

Last edited by nindotza; 09-24-2020 at 09:10 PM.
nindotza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:40 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
most moon issues are fixable, if you work your way through its many many perferences ( not all in the same place)

i have no issues with fonts or with centering [ I add the fonts i like to device and point moon at the fonts folder to use them]
an exception is and .gifs. e.g. used as scene breaks. Moon makes them much larger than they should be and the only settings option for pictures is to have them entirely fill the screen instead!
look for settings option called ignore CSS ( or similar) and expand it, then there are lots of tick boxes to work with
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:19 AM   #3
nindotza
nindotza began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader
OMG, you are Correct. There IS a setting to DISABLE all CSS. hmmmm no wonder the CSS did not work .... duh. It was checked. Anyhow, I would not think that would be the default. So never mind my post. But do not delete it. Others may not realize this little trick.

THANK YOU! :-)

While we are here, sort of on that topic, I have always felt that the many configurations of MoonReader, while they could be helpful each and every one, there are very poorly organized. And why do you have to open a book first to get to the preferences that apply TO ALL Ebooks?!?

Last edited by nindotza; 09-25-2020 at 04:22 AM.
nindotza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:39 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i think that the app is still pre-opimised for a 5 inch phone ( the original target market), so by default it sets headings sizes, positions to better suit a small screen.

one nice semi-hidden setting is that you can backup all the app preferences once its as you like it , to either dropbox or google drive. the device name and the date is included in the file name.

also, you can have bookmarks, and latest page saved to dropbox for books that you are reading. That syncs across devices.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:01 AM   #5
Mandabar
Fanfiction Devourer
Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android: Moon+ Reader Pro
I love the feature for syncing the preference backups as well as the book/bookmarks and read position across devices.

Last edited by Mandabar; 09-26-2020 at 04:45 AM.
Mandabar is offline   Reply With Quote