Notices

Old 01-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
edlu
Enthusiast
edlu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Exclamation cut blue light on kobo aura one - koreader nightly

Hi
I have kobo aura one with nightly build installed koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1457-g7feea40.zip.

I like koreader, it is awesome for reading pdfs.

However, I miss the nickel how the light changes during the day and night. I think in night time, it cuts blue light.

Is there any setting on koreader.
edlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is an open issue over at the KOReader project on Github, trying to implement that.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
edlu
Enthusiast

Thanks Ken for your contribution to this forum.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:25 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Chances are it'll happen soon

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-360917293
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #5
edlu
Enthusiast

Frenzie, I have seen some work by Dengste here - https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-360917293.

Would this feature be released as a patch or as a part of new nightly release of kobo.
Thanks for your work
Advert
Old 02-12-2018, 03:00 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can always grab the latest (automated) nightly builds from http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ As a general principle they're slightly riskier than the builds on GitHub because they're completely automated, full details here. But all that's keeping me from releasing the current nightly is that it still needs a few more translations.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Be sure to check out the release notes Frenzie added to his release:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader....02.12-nightly

Frenzie really lived up to his name this month! If this release proves out, I would recommend it for a v2018-stable release.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Yes, with the MuPDF update proven and stable for the last two months I suppose it's time to investigate just what will need to be done. I should drop @houqp a note about it later this week. (There is still that sdcv thing though.)

Updating the nightly builds version is simple:

Code:
git tag -a v2018.02-stable #or something like that
That will create an annotated tag, in contrast to the non-annotated tags for the nightlies.

All of that should be simple enough, but then there are the OTA updates and I'm not completely sure what to do about those. Perhaps it would suffice to copy them over manually.

There is some kind of reference to stable builds in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ghtswatcher.py but it doesn't really seem to be used.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #9
edlu
Enthusiast

guys

I did OTA update on KA1, update was done without any hiccups.
Warmth lightning works perfectly.
Love it.
Kudos to Frenzie.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard

Thank @dengste not me.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
The warm light works perfectly on my KA1, but the lowest setting for brightness seems to be much brighter now.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #12
edlu
Enthusiast

Trekk, I noticed that too last night. Even at 2% it is very bright.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #13
dengste
dengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi there, I've implemented the new frontlight support in Koreader for the KA1.

The reason the light is brighter now is because as a starting point, I chose parameters which more or less follow Nickel's behavior. The current progression for brightness (maximum value is 255) is as follows:

Code:
     Brightness      Nickel          Koreader
        1%              50               54
        2%              71               69
        3%              85               75
        4%              95               86
        5%              102              93
So you see that it starts up slightly higher, but the progression is actually less aggressive as in Nickel. But don't worry, you will be able to customize the progression. I'm currently writing a widget for this.

Last edited by dengste; 02-20-2018 at 12:15 PM.
dengste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #14
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what I was hoping for Thank you, dengste!
Old 03-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #15
trekk
Terraner

@dengste: Could you please point me to the associated file for the frontlight support, so I can change some of the values manually? I just can't find it