Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #16
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcubed2 View Post
I adore my eDge so much, I only fire up the desktop to print something.
That's interesting. Before I purchased my eDGe, I used my desktop at home for everything. Now I only use it to play video games, and soon won't need it for that. Can't wait until PCs go the way of the typewriter, a time that isn't far away.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #17
fgruber
Edge User

that is great news! Were you guys able to fix that issue with annotations forgetting the zoom level used when they were created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
D-

Don't give up on us! We are still actively working this issue with Adobe. There may be hope.

DP

Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #18
D4N14L
Edge User

YES! THEY FIXED THE PHANTOM BUTTON PRESSES!!

Also, they increased touch responsiveness!!! This fixes almost all of my issues with the edge, other than the lack of a marketplace.

Also... camera. Yes.

<3

Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #19
vicinc
Edge User

Dear Dont Panic and entourage developers. I do not want to be destructive but constructive regarding this upgrade.
see this post regarding some great free ideas for developers http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...en-%28video%29.
Regarding flash lite is a waste of time really with android 2.2 coming with full flash support. Really this should be the future for our lovely full screen device.
Regarding capturing of webpages to journal, it is a good research tool but touch and extend on alex reader (android machine as well) should be the future. ability to take any screen from lcd and push it to the e ink screen. think about reading emails in your garden guys. If alex reader developers did it I expect ee developers to do better.
please see my comments on the above post. I am really curious of your opinion

Old 05-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #20
vicinc
Edge User

OK, OK, as I said anything is better than nothing. Why not any flash video support not just youtube? is is not the same principle? I hate youtube, but I like my bbc video news?

Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #21
alefor
Edge User

I congratulate Entourage for the great features to be added in this update. I think this also demonstrates great responsiveness to the customers, largely represented here in these useful forums. The value and usefulness of our eDGe devices will surely go up exponentially as a result of this major update.

So now, the question is.....When? It would be great if they gave us a ballpark date. I have not seen any mention of when this will be released, although surely I could have missed it in one of the posts.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #22
D4N14L
Edge User

It said some time in May. The question is:

Can I wait the remaining 17 days? OR Will it come sooner?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #23
alefor
Edge User

Thank you for pointing that out...just missed it!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
AB9239
Edge User

Yay! Finally, I have an excuse to run down the battery in less than 10 hours .

Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #25
devseev
Edge User

As someone already said, LCD responsiveness and phantom touch fix are definitely critical updates. Also really looking forward to better power management. Many other much-anticipated new features as well of course.

The best thing about this, though, is that it shows the company delivers on its promises to improve device. In my view, the eDGe had great potential, but still has some kinks that need to be worked out before it is ready for a mass audience (esp. mobile professionals). Currently it's a joy for early adopters and tech savvy students, but this update brings it a step closer to mass appeal.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #26
don15
Edge User

Well all that is really exciting news............BUT................are we going to get a fix for the touch screen..........or should I say the "TOUCHY SCREEN!" This is a very big issue for me and I would hope alot of(read...everyone!) other users as well. Don't u agree Boris?

Old 05-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #27
don15
Edge User

BTW...whats the diff between, senior member, member and junior member?

Old 05-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #28
Steed
Edge User

That is the best news I herd all day. That is definitely more than I was hoping for with the first major update. Entourage has impressed me with their business skills and customer service. I am loving this company.
I have to agree with boris bring on the flash lite, it is no waste of time. It is a good filler until the 2.2 update.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #29
Leadlight
Edge User

I'm very happy to see that edge is working hard to improve the device.
I hope that the next update will fix some of the problems i've experienced, and the device keep getting better and better.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #30
Eddy R
Edge User

Administrator, Moderator: enTourage perogative.
Membership level: Individual perogative. As stated above.
Guru:
Quote:
One who is regarded as having great knowledge, wisdom and authority in a certain area, and who uses it to guide others (teacher).
uuummmm..... to deep for me.