Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-12-2024, 02:24 PM   #11146
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
^^In fact, you can use the same email for US and UK accounts; I've never had a problem even with two concurrent active memberships on the same email. Just sign into the UK site with your "regular" account.

Also, while I'm not 100% sure I'm pretty close as I know I've done it, it seems to me that the huge advantage of using the same email is that it doesn't delete downloads when you switch accounts. But instead of signing out, just scroll down to the very bottom of account options and chose "switch accounts".
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:31 PM   #11147
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
^^In fact, you can use the same email for US and UK accounts; I've never had a problem even with two concurrent active memberships on the same email. Just sign into the UK site with your "regular" account.

Also, while I'm not 100% sure I'm pretty close as I know I've done it, it seems to me that the huge advantage of using the same email is that it doesn't delete downloads when you switch accounts. But instead of signing out, just scroll down to the very bottom of account options and chose "switch accounts".
This can definitely work. The reason I have separate email addresses/accounts is that I have occasionally run into geo-restricted titles "this is not available in your country". Also I feel very cloak-and-daggery having an alter-ego like the Bourne Identity...
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:58 PM   #11148
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Good info, so is it "legal" to have 2 accounts? I suppose it's pointless to ask, since I already do. I just haven't bought credits in over 2 years on the UK site. I don't want to get banned.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:03 AM   #11149
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Good info, so is it "legal" to have 2 accounts? I suppose it's pointless to ask, since I already do. I just haven't bought credits in over 2 years on the UK site. I don't want to get banned.
Back in the day there were some freebies on UK that weren't available in the US. I talked to customer service and they actually told me to just create a separate UK account.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:00 AM   #11150
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Back in the day there were some freebies on UK that weren't available in the US. I talked to customer service and they actually told me to just create a separate UK account.
Thanks, that's good to know. I noticed the "get 3 credits for .99 offer" so I subscribed!
Old 04-13-2024, 10:39 AM   #11151
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
No fears about getting banned. You can legally have more than 2 accounts with the same email address and password. I currently have 4 Audible accounts: US, UK, CA, AU. I only sign up for free credit offers and at times, I've had multiple active memberships running concurrently. I've been doing this for quite a few years and have never encountered any issues, other than geo-restrictions that don't bother me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:28 AM   #11152
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audiobooks.com -- exp 15 Apr @ 11:59 pm ET

Quote:
April Flash Deal -- 2-for-1 Sale -- members only

From now until April 15, get any 2 audiobooks in this bundle for just 1 credit!
Old 04-13-2024, 03:35 PM   #11153
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
No fears about getting banned. You can legally have more than 2 accounts with the same email address and password. I currently have 4 Audible accounts: US, UK, CA, AU. I only sign up for free credit offers and at times, I've had multiple active memberships running concurrently. I've been doing this for quite a few years and have never encountered any issues, other than geo-restrictions that don't bother me.
I currently have three accounts: US, UK, CA. All are 3 mo/half-price promos that I was offered when cancelling previous 3 mo/half-price promos. I use the same e-mail for all, and two of three have the same log-in (no reason).

I don't use the Audible app, so I don't know what issues may arise with multiple accounts there.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 02:51 PM   #11154
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Link for Audible daily book and all sales.

https://www.audible.com/ep/audiobook-deals

15% off 3 credit bundles deal is back.

Two for one sale ends tomorrow.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 05:44 PM   #11155
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the info.
I have on my phone an offer to get 12 credits for 89.50, but it won't go through. So I contact CS and they were so useless. Finally had to get on the phone with a rep to get the deal.
Oh...then I get a confirmation email that the deal went through, 3 minutes later, an email that said i cancelled the membership. but I didn't.

Has anyone else experienced the audible web site being very slow to load, the last few days?

Last edited by booklover6; 04-14-2024 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:06 PM   #11156
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Thanks for the info.
I have on my phone an offer to get 12 credits for 89.50, but it won't go through.
I had the same offer on my phone. It wouldn't go though for me either.
FYI; site loads fine for me.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 05:34 AM   #11157
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:

Also, does anyone know, if I log out of one Audible account and into another, will the 200 books downloaded on my phone disappear and have to be re-downloaded?
You can log out and log in with another account and the downloaded books will still be available, at least that is what happens for me.

I have 3 accounts (for different countries) and I usually subscribe only when there are offers, I download the books and cancel and I have access to all the books I have downloaded, after listening I delete them to save space.
Currently I have on my phone and ipad books from the tree accounts.

The only time I had a problem was with audible AU and a promotional subscription at 0$ I didn’t download the books before canceling and after that the option to download them disappeared, the books where on my purchased list but with no option to download them. When I subscribed again after a few months I was able to download those books. So now I download them all as soon as I buy them.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 09:19 AM   #11158
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
SYNC Audio

CANCELLED ???

It appears there won't be a 15th season of Sync Audio's annual summer giveaway. The seasons start in April and they usually start announcing them in January. So far, there hasn't been any word as to when or if they'll even continue the program.

I can't find any information on their website, social sites, or anywhere else on the web. I've reached out to them and haven't received a reply.

Stay tuned.
Just got this today. RIP Sync.

Quote:
Thank you for supporting AudioFile’s AudiobookSYNC program. After 14 years we say goodbye to this dynamic program that brought audiobooks to teen listeners and families. More than 350 free audiobooks were featured as part of AudiobookSYNC, and more than 70,000 listeners were served with 1.4 million downloads over the 14 years. All of the audiobooks featured in AudiobookSYNC are reviewed in AudioFile's stunning young adult listening list — find your favorites on our website here and here.

We look forward to continuing to recommend great listens to teens. Plus, stay tuned for announcements as we work on new programs to continue our long-term engagement with teen listeners.
skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:31 AM   #11159
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Just got this today. RIP Sync.

skinmaan
And another one bites the dust.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-16-2024 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:27 PM   #11160
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible CA -- exp 01 May

Audible Premium Plus -- $0.99/mo x3 mo -- Canadian consumers only -- YMMV

Quote:
Only $0.99/mo for the first 3 months

Get the best selection of audiobooks without exception and save over 90%.

After 3 months, $14.95/mo. Cancel anytime. Ends May 1, 2024.
Quote:
Offer available until May 1, 2024 at 11:59p.m. PT. Offer available only to CA consumers. This offer is not available to existing Audible members, or those currently enrolled in an Audible trial. Offer applies only to an Audible Premium Plus monthly membership sold by Audible.ca. For the first 3 months of your Audible membership, you will be charged the discounted price of $0.99/mo. + applicable taxes. After 3 months, your Audible membership will continue until cancelled at the then current full price (currently $14.95/mo. + applicable taxes) with your designated credit card or another available card on file. Cancel anytime by visiting your Account Details page. Offer limited to one per customer and account, may not be combined with other offers, is non-transferable and may not be resold. Audible reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ca.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	207651  

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-16-2024 at 01:30 PM.