Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #76
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Fintie has a nice basic case now for the Voyage:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fintie-...+kindle+voyage
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #77
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Fintie has a nice basic case now for the Voyage:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fintie-...+kindle+voyage
Doesn't look like it has a hole or access on the back for the power button. Which may be a problem. I have a Fintie case for my PW2 which I really like, but the auto sleep/wake function is flaky. I actually had to tape another magnet on to the case in order to make it work more consistently.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #78
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Doesn't look like it has a hole or access on the back for the power button. Which may be a problem. I have a Fintie case for my PW2 which I really like, but the auto sleep/wake function is flaky. I actually had to tape another magnet on to the case in order to make it work more consistently.

The lack of any pictures showing a cut out for the power button is a bit of a concern all round for third party cases right now
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #79
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
The lack of any pictures showing a cut out for the power button is a bit of a concern all round for third party cases right now
They also show a flat back, which they ought not. Looks like they're simply showing pics cases for existing Kindles.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #80
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
They also show a flat back, which they ought not. Looks like they're simply showing pics cases for existing Kindles.
Agreed, also the ones around at the moment are shipping before the kindle even launches...........
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #81
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Hmm that's not a good sign. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm really leaning toward the ACcase now.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #82
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
If my future cheap ACcase does not have a cut out for the power button I will use my paper hole punch and cut one. Still better than the origami case.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:53 AM   #83
wolw
-= Balsa flies better =-
wolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
I went with the origami case. Everyday at work I read while eating during lunch. Also very relaxing to go 'hands free' on airplanes, or anywhere else where you have a table in front of you.
I guess Tuff Luv will come with a case too. The one I have for my K3 still looks like new after four years and a lot of travel and abuse.

Peter
wolw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:49 AM   #84
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolw View Post
I went with the origami case. Everyday at work I read while eating during lunch. Also very relaxing to go 'hands free' on airplanes, or anywhere else where you have a table in front of you.
I guess Tuff Luv will come with a case too. The one I have for my K3 still looks like new after four years and a lot of travel and abuse.

Peter
I hate to say this but I don't think Tuff Luv are as good as they once were, most of their cases now rely on elastic at the corners, which personally I hate. I had some KK cases from them which were and still are some of the best ereader cases I've ever had.

I've ordered a third party case, but also both the cheaper Origami case and the Belkin case. I have no idea what I'll end up with but I suspect it may well be both the Origami and Belkin.

I'm not expecting much from third party cases until well after the launch and they can see how the cases fit.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #85
wolw
-= Balsa flies better =-
wolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I hate to say this but I don't think Tuff Luv are as good as they once were, most of their cases now rely on elastic at the corners, which personally I hate. I had some KK cases from them which were and still are some of the best ereader cases I've ever had.

I've ordered a third party case, but also both the cheaper Origami case and the Belkin case. I have no idea what I'll end up with but I suspect it may well be both the Origami and Belkin.

I'm not expecting much from third party cases until well after the launch and they can see how the cases fit.
If it'll have the elastic corners I'll pass.
For the K3 I have the TL real leather, full surrounding case with cut outs for buttons which is extreme high quality, I wouldn't settle for anything less.

Peter
wolw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #86
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
I kinda like using the kindle keyboard without a case. Lighter and my hands are naturally where the page turn buttons are. I am thinking I'd like the same with the voyage. A flip top case might do the trick. The origami case looks nice and you can just pull it off entirely since it is magnetic. However not so sure that it protects the sides of the kindle when it is in the bottom of my purse. I am tempted just to get a sleeve like this Bear Motion one. Anyone had one of these before?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MHDY842/...V0CMU468&psc=1

Cheap and it'll do the job. My husband has a Poetic case on his Nexus 7 and that's nice and light, has held up well and not too much of a pain to snap it out if I want the Kindle naked. So I might do that too. Decisions!

Honestly, I should just get out the sewing machine and make myself a nice sleeve! How hard could it be?

Last edited by Waitingforatrain; 10-04-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: add
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #87
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
OK, for the DIY. This is an easy temporary case that you can use until you make up your mind on a more permanent one or there are more choices.

http://sophie-world.com/crafts/duct-...unglasses-case
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #88
WaltC
Harmonious Grump
WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Touch, Nook HD, iPad 3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
... I am tempted just to get a sleeve like this Bear Motion one. Anyone had one of these before? ...
Good point about the sleeve-- as something to tide me over until some reviews & deals come along on voyager covers.

I don't know about the Bear Motion one, but your post reminded me that I have a Built Sleeve for the Kindle Touch hanging around and since the Voyager is so very close in size to the Touch (6.4"x4.5"x0.30" vs. 6.8"x4.7"x0.40") I'll have a ready-made stopgap solution.
WaltC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:51 AM   #89
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
After reading the M-edge story I'm very reluctant to buy the case from the amazon web-site itself.

BTW, for anyone going with Poetic -- I have very mixed feelings about them, I've ordered the Nexus 4 bumper and KPW cases from them and it was never without the problem. The N4 bumbers would come apart after a few months and out of the two KPW cases I've ordered one was completely off size-wise and would not even work. Their customer support always offered to send replacements tho.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:56 AM   #90
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
BTW, for anyone going with Poetic -- I have very mixed feelings about them, I've ordered the Nexus 4 bumper and KPW cases from them and it was never without the problem. The N4 bumbers would come apart after a few months and out of the two KPW cases I've ordered one was completely off size-wise and would not even work. Their customer support always offered to send replacements tho.
I have a Poetic case for my Nexus 7 and it's excellent. I'd have no hesitation about buying another of their cases.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote