Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
pyrokamileon
pyrokamileon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
text files on Kobo

I have a bunch of text files that I loaded onto my Kobo and I haven't gotten around to checking all of them but I've noticed on a few that they may only be around 7 "pages" long but the Kobo says that there's 24 pages. once you get to the 8th page it's just a repeat of the 7th and every page thereafter is also the same as the 7th.. I'm assuming that this is because of the .txt format, I'll try converting a few of my text files later to check. has anyone else run into this? or maybe have an explanation for why it does this?
pyrokamileon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
No EOF? I say that like I know what it is :-) but I think that is a difference between unix and dos formats?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
pyrokamileon
pyrokamileon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
i will have to look into that, my files were made in Unix format so u may b right. thanks :-)
pyrokamileon is offline   Reply With Quote