Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Clearing a Integers Custom Column

Hi.

I have a bunch of Integers Columns that I use for icons.

I accidentally entered a number into one of them, and was wondering if there's anyway to change it back to undefined without having to delete the column and create it again?

Thanks so much in advance.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=221187
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Hi.

I have a bunch of Integers Columns that I use for icons.

I accidentally entered a number into one of them, and was wondering if there's anyway to change it back to undefined without having to delete the column and create it again?

Thanks so much in advance.
Set the value to -1000000. This also works in float columns.

If you want to change one cell then you can click in the cell and press CTRL-F2, where F2 is the key your system uses to edit the value in a cell.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@chaley - you seem to have forgotten - in the book list, F2 (or whatever triggers edit cell - e.g. double click) then space on a numeric cell will set it to Undefined, space also works in bulk MDE, not sure about single MDE.

I say 'forgotten', because you did the change, about same time as you did the '=' (today) and '-' (clear) for dates.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-09-2017 at 09:09 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:07 AM   #5
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks. I did try to search first but I didn't find that thread.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2017, 05:30 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@chaley - you seem to have forgotten - in the book list, F2 (or whatever triggers edit cell - e.g. double click) then space on a numeric cell will set it to Undefined, space also works in bulk MDE, not sure about single MDE.

I say 'forgotten', because you did the change, about same time as you did the '=' (today) and '-' (clear) for dates.

BR
Yes, I did forget that. I never use it and my brain tosses out things more than a few days old.

To be complete, looking at the code I see that I (or Kovid) also added a right-click context menu item to clear the number. This would be must useful if one is using double-click to open the editor. Double-click, right-click, choose Set to undefined.

And it works in single MDE.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote