Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
gponym
Enthusiast
gponym began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wow--confusing! Sony EBL, ADE, .acsm, etc

I admit I am clueless (or almost). Trying to prove I can download and read a library book (Berkeley Public / Overdrive) on the Sony PRS-950.

Get a "reader auth'd to another user" message using Sony Reader Library.

How should I fix this?

DETAILS:

1. From prior owner on ebay I bought a Sony 950 working reasonably well.

2a. Set up an Adobe ID.
2b. Set up an account at kobobooks.com

3. Installed the Sony Reader Library application on my iMac.

- It recognized the Adobe ID.
- It auto-sensed and imported a .acsm file I downloaded from library.

4. Connected 950 to iMac, Reader Library sees it.

5. In Reader Library, dragged library ebook to Reader.

- ERROR: Warning: This eBook cannot be transferred because the Reader is authorized to another user.

Last edited by gponym; 10-29-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: add kobobooks.com account
gponym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You need to also authorize the device with your Adobe ID. There should be a setting in Reader Library somewhere, to "Authorize device" or some such. (I've never used it.)

TBH this is why I prefer Kindle.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
gponym
Enthusiast
gponym began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks. I spoke to Sony support.

They said that the only way to authorize the reader to me is to do a hard reset. When the reader comes back up, it imprints on the first person to use it.

I'm going to try to confirm that before I follow through.

(I have the 950 b/c it answers my needs to read and annotate random stuff. I don't have any need for the Kindle bookstore. I certainly agree with you on the pleasures a more seamless setup!)
gponym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
OK, good luck.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote