Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
How big is your calibre library?

I've been in a few threads where people have 30-100k books in their Calibre libraries, some even 1Mil!

I only have 4,000 or so. I only started reading ebooks in 2012 when my ex bought me a Nook Color as a going away present...we were friends and I was leaving town to move to Pittsburgh. Eh hem.

Anyway, I would like to know the size of your library. How and where did you get so many books?
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Currently I don't know how many I may have. I had to replace my HDD in my netbook and everything that was on the old HDD is now inaccessible. I do often save the books to disk and then burn them though. I must have several thousand at least. A mix of PD from Munsey's and PG and some that I bought in epub format from B&N in the past as well as many that I bought from Smashwords via their Summer/Winter sales & Phoenix Pick of course.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #3
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I currently have 2041 ebooks. I've gotten them from all over. Some directly from publisher's websites. Bunch of Instafreebies. I also shop at Kobo and B&N. Plus 5 or 6 ebook stores that are now gone. Oh, and bunches from Harlequin since I can get them free with their rewards program. Smashwords too.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think I have around 5,000 or so. I'll check tonight to give exact figures.

Most are ones I've bought since around 2001. From Baen, Fictionwise and Amazon mostly, with a smattering from smaller retailers, mostly now defunct.

Some are PD from various sources, including the MobileRead library

Some are freebies from various offers over the years.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #5
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
840. Mostly ones that I've bought. I did grab a bunch of freebies early on in my ebook career but I mostly purged those a few years ago so that the free ones I was left with are mainly 'classics'.

There are 20 which are metadata only and have no associated ebook file. Mostly these are library books. I have a true/false custom column for "In progress" and so I like to add a record if my current read is a paper book. It's a bit inconsistent really because I've never added all my paper books that I had before I started buying ebooks.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #6
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
4168 eBooks in my Calibre library, to be precise right now. My source of books have been Amazon, Kobo, B&N and other stores that are not existent now. I have collected quite a few free classic books from Gutenberg and MR library too. My library also includes many scanned PDFs which are either technical manuals/ research papers and some books which have gone out of print now, but I had a print copy with me.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I think I have around 5,000 or so. I'll check tonight to give exact figures.
4249 of which I've bought 3511 (so 738 are freebies) and I've read 2982 of them.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #8
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
4249 of which I've bought 3511 (so 738 are freebies) and I've read 2982 of them.
I've probably read 1000 books in my lifetime. This is impressive! I have 3591 books in the library and I haven't read very many, maybe 200. I'll have to get on that tsundoku.
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #9
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Currently there are 1639 books in my library, of those 819 are marked unread. I still need to go through my freebie classics and Stephen King novels to mark which I've read in paper book form.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:39 AM   #10
Phyllis41
Wizardess
Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Galaxy Note 3
311 books only! All read. Proves me to be a lazy bum!

Although I have few more scattered here and there on my computer and Kobo server, not yet synced with calibre, but I know I wont cross a limit of 400 in any case!
Phyllis41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #11
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My library of published ebooks (not paper, fanfic or downloaded webpages) is currently 6386 books.

My excuse is that I'm maintaining the family library but really I'm a magpie with a weakness for public domain and bargains.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
My library of published ebooks (not paper, fanfic or downloaded webpages) is currently 6386 books.

My excuse is that I'm maintaining the family library but really I'm a magpie with a weakness for public domain and bargains.
I have the same maladie.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #13
TheDreamer
TheDreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle: Touch, Touch/3G, 8th Gen, Oasis
I was just thinking to myself that my library is starting to get hard to deal manage.... at 593 books since 2012. Had stuff prior to that, but nasty things happened with it was on a windows share, and going back and forth between 'current' windows and much older Ubuntu version (this was back when you don't get major updates if you're running LTS...) Since then, try be to more careful...but have moved it into Dropbox.

Plus my Windows 'server' died around 2012...(intel fakeraid accelerates bitrot.) Went Window-less earlier this year... Though looks like I might have to set up a VM eventually....

Need to figure out how to leverage 'bookshelf' or something, and other things...

Starting to cram in more and more stuff, since I have larger e-readers now (just got an Onyx Boox Max Carta last week.)

The Dreamer.
TheDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre library