Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #16
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
The Voyage is your best bet to meet all your needs. It also has very good battery life which is even better if you keep it in airplane mode. I sideload lots of things on it. The organization of folders is not the same as the Kindle Keyboard and you will find that annoying as I very, very much preferred KK's method or organization.

My suggestion is to not only get a Voyage, but be on the lookout for a used KK as a backup. You can always get a new battery for it. If I would have known how easy it was to change, I would never have given up my other KK (although I did use it to swap for the Voyage, so not a loss exactly).

If you want certain functions such as listing all your series names and numbers, you have to jailbreak your unit when you first get it. There's a thread here for that.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
If you want certain functions such as listing all your series names and numbers, you have to jailbreak your unit when you first get it. There's a thread here for that.
You've lost me there. What is the connection between jailbreaking and listing series names and numbers?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #18
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You've lost me there. What is the connection between jailbreaking and listing series names and numbers?
My mistake. I merely had to update the file on Calibre to get series name and numbers to show up. Works on Voyage now.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #19
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur
NoHolyGrail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (previously owned PRS-500, PRS-600)
There are Inkbook models with real HW buttons (Inkbook Classic 2, Inkbook Prime), but lower resolution than you're looking for.
NoHolyGrail is offline   Reply With Quote