Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Device: Wexler flex.one, Boyue T65s, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Zsync crashes on Samsung j4+

Hello everyone, I am trying to use Zsync to transfer from my android phone, but it crashes every time...

Android 9
Samsung sm-j415fn
Koreader v2020.10.1

Thanks a lot.
giotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 03:54 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by giotti View Post
Hello everyone, I am trying to use Zsync to transfer from my android phone, but it crashes every time...
Crashing doing WHAT?
Logs?
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2020, 05:01 AM   #3
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Koreader starts again. Where are the logs?
Old 11-13-2020, 05:17 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../bug_report.md
Old 11-13-2020, 05:27 AM   #5
giotti
Connoisseur

There is a problem here... I don't have access to any PC with adb and I will not for a while...
Advert
Old 11-13-2020, 08:50 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Could be something like https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3880 (that plugin is fairly unmaintained…)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:42 AM   #7
giotti
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Could be something like https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3880 (that plugin is fairly unmaintained…)
Thanks for your suggestion. That is not the case however: koreader crashes before the transfer.

I will try the transfer from the ereader to the phone and see if something changes...

[Edit]
I was using the telephone as an access point.
I switched to an external router and that helped a bit.
I have been able to transfer a couple of files, but koreader keeps crashing with other ones... in a way similar to the one reported in bug 3880.

By the way I attach the android warning about frequent crashes, sorry if it is in Italian.
[/Edit]

[Edit2]
Even if I can find the books in koreader, I cannot find them using nor the device file manager neither the PC file manager when connected via USB...
[/Edit2]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201114-150549_One UI Home.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	418.5 KB
ID:	183380  

Last edited by giotti; 11-14-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:16 PM   #8
pazos
cosiñeiro

The app is not in the app store. It doesn't use trackers, crash reporters, etc.

A screenshot is useless for native crashes. The only info we can get is from adb logs.

I understand that's not expected for most end users and most don't want to mess with their devices or don't have the resources at hand.

It is mostly fine for tinkerers, I guess. Feel free to give us some logs when you have time if you can and want.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #9
giotti
Connoisseur

Of course I will, but it will take a long time ;-)