Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2021, 11:26 AM   #31
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Yes, I've never had issues with my Oasis 3 battery. Don't believe it's all of them.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:35 AM   #32
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Not every Oasis has battery issues. The batteries of my Oasis 2 and Oasis 3 have always behaved perfectly.
Thanks, good to know, now they are out of them. But if they come back, I'll pick one up.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:41 PM   #33
noodlesoup
noodlesoup began at the beginning.

Device: none
Battery Drain solution(for me)

Hi all, not sure if this help, but this is what I tried to solve my battery drain issue. My Kindle Oasis 10th gen battery would drain from 100% to 18% in under 24 hours. I asked for a warranty replacement from Amazon and I still had the battery drain problem with my new Kindle.

My Solution:
If you're on wifi, charge your Kindle and turn on Airplane mode. After doing this my battery life was great. 1-2% drain over a few hours. My Kindle was repeatedly trying to hit Amazon's AD servers every couple seconds killing the battery (This was the server name for the tech savvy unagi-na.amazon.com). In my case my firewall was blocking this URL. I'm still testing, but you may have to cough up the $20 for the AD free option to stop this then turn on WIFI again. Hope this helps!
noodlesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #34
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
It's not that is rapidly draining. It just goes up to 98% and not higher. That missing 2% is making my OCD kick in. i wonder if he new update will fix it. we shall see
Unplug then plug in again. It should then fully charge. My phone does this foolishness sometimes.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:46 PM   #35
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
Hi all, not sure if this help, but this is what I tried to solve my battery drain issue. My Kindle Oasis 10th gen battery would drain from 100% to 18% in under 24 hours. I asked for a warranty replacement from Amazon and I still had the battery drain problem with my new Kindle.

My Solution:
If you're on wifi, charge your Kindle and turn on Airplane mode. After doing this my battery life was great. 1-2% drain over a few hours. My Kindle was repeatedly trying to hit Amazon's AD servers every couple seconds killing the battery (This was the server name for the tech savvy unagi-na.amazon.com). In my case my firewall was blocking this URL. I'm still testing, but you may have to cough up the $20 for the AD free option to stop this then turn on WIFI again. Hope this helps!
You might get Amazon to do it for free. I had issues with the ads on one of mine and they did it for free.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:30 AM   #36
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:

My Solution:
Good to know. I just bought an Oasis. I've always been one to use Kindles in airplane mode. I only cut on wi-fi to download a book.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:30 AM   #37
noodlesoup
noodlesoup began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
You might get Amazon to do it for free. I had issues with the ads on one of mine and they did it for free.
*sigh* I wish I saw your message before I paid it. Battery still took a significant hit without ADs and wifi on, but nowhere near as bad. I'm satisfied with Airplane mode + Dark mode.
noodlesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #38
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Amazon's AD servers every couple seconds killing the battery (This was the server name for the tech savvy unagi-na.amazon.com). !
AD as advertisement? If so, this should not affect non special offer devices, right?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #39
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
AD as advertisement? If so, this should not affect non special offer devices, right?
Yes, advertisement. When I first read it, my first though was Amazon ereaders are connecting to Active Directory?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:52 PM   #40
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Honestly, it seems to me like sufficiently modern Kindles on sufficiently modern firmware sometimes get into a state where they drain the battery even if plugged in and the only way out is to restart them.

It seems to be related to loading books and my guess is the CPU ends up stuck at the full clock speed rather than throttling back to the idle speed.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain