Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
PickleFish
Edge User

Unhappy PE Power Up Problems

Well, last week my PE seemed to have died on me. It was only about 10 days old and I had charged the battery and shut it off to leave it unused for a couple of days. It was a nice weekend while I got some things done around the house, but when I tried to power it up again on Monday night... nothing. That is, the tablet was blank, despite the green battery lite being on. I plugged in the adapter and tried again... still nothing. Then I panicked a bit. But I went online for help on the Entourage site and saw the advice to reset the unit with the reset button. I did, and it seemed to come to life again! The tablet screen was lit once more, so I locked it and plugged in the adapter to charge overnight. But the next morning, nothing again. I got help advice from Entourage Tech Support. They suggested charging it for at least 1/2 an hour and then holding the reset button in for 30 seconds... then turn on the device once more. Tried it and failed. They suggested charging it for over 2 hours and holding the reset for over 30 seconds again. Again nothing. I contacted TigerDirect who sold it to me, and they said they'd give a full refund. So I'll be sending it back. But... I ordered a new one right away from Amazon for $194.95. Hey, it could've been a lemon, right? I loved that device for those first 10 days and was just getting a bunch of PDFs ready to load into the new SD micro I had just bought! So... I'll be back soon.

I hope no one else has this problem, but I thought the info might be helpful to others... who knows, maybe there's a simple fix or explanation for why the battery seems to have crapped out.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
sarah11918
Edge User

Sorry to hear about your PE. Nothing sucks more than getting a new toy and not being able to use it. I'm guessing you got a lemon, maybe defective battery. It happens all the time, and I'm hopeful you'll have a fancy new one soon!

Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
PickleFish
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Sorry to hear about your PE. Nothing sucks more than getting a new toy and not being able to use it. I'm guessing you got a lemon, maybe defective battery. It happens all the time, and I'm hopeful you'll have a fancy new one soon!
Thanks for the encouragement Sarah... I got my new PE about a week ago and have successfully gotten myself back up to speed, with a new 32GB SD card to boot. All seems to be going fine except for one little glitch... I'm too chicken to run Ermine beta, but I did successfully update once. I checked for another update and found that there was another available, but each time I tried to get it I'd get stuck in the "starting download" process and then finally (after a couple of minutes) get kicked out with an error message. The error message I get is:

"The update service encountered an error. Please try again later. Java.io.IOException: Parent directory of file does not exist:/cache/recovery/update.zip~ --Code 102"

Any idea what that means? I've asked tech support, but have not yet heard back from them... anyone else ever get this problem?