Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-02-2023, 01:03 PM   #61
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Why by PM? Others could benefit from hearing the solution.
Yes, I agree.

I've always thought deciding which system a document is using is like cracking a Caesar code. You can either simply try different conversions till it makes sense or analyse letter frequency.

It's easiest if most characters are correct and hardest if it's a multibyte system (especially if not a fixed number of bytes) interpreted as single byte per character.

Obviously also harder if it's not actually your native alphabet.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 02:23 PM   #62
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Why by PM? Others could benefit from hearing the solution.
Because back in message #26, a moderator removed the linked book so I was going to send a link in a PM to avoid annoying the greenies.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-02-2023 at 02:30 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2023, 02:29 PM   #63
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Basically, I converted the body of the files using the website I linked to earlier and then did some cleanup (removing the mass of xml:lang= for example (why did a document in Cyrillic need a mass of en:GB and de: DE?)). I also renamed the chapter files since Sigil was not happy with the Cyrillic filenames, removed the mass of id=x<whatever> since there were duplicate IDs and whatever else it took make epubcheck happy.

I don't have the finished file on this computer so will have to attach it later.

Edit: link to modified epub sent in a PM.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-02-2023 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:42 PM   #64
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Because back in message #26, a moderator removed the linked book so I was going to send a link in a PM to avoid annoying the greenies.
I understood your initial desire to communicate something to the OP via PM.

I just wasn't following why the OP wants to have the "how you did it" communicated via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIE18 View Post
I wrote in the topic about unlocking private messages. When unlocked, I would like to know how you did it: "epub after conversion and a touch of cleanuop".

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-02-2023 at 02:44 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 05:59 PM   #65
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
I understood your initial desire to communicate something to the OP via PM.

I just wasn't following why the OP wants to have the "how you did it" communicated via PM.
I was thinking that seeing what I did would be useful rather than just trying to explain it with nothing to follow. I've been fiddling with epubs long enough that at times, I find myself going from A => B => C and then jumping to Y => Z. Sadly, I find myself reminding myself of a university professor decades ago who would fill half the board with equations and then state, "It is therefore obvious..." and write the final equation. It may have been obvious to him and, possibly, any divine beings who were auditing the course but not to anyone else.
Advert