Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-06-2022, 10:54 AM   #16
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Version 1.1.4 - 06 Jan 2022

- PyQt6 support added
- Update translations
- Remove unused imports
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:32 AM   #17
Thoth
Thoth began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre Web
Thanks for the great plugin Thiago!

Would it be possible to provide the option to output the report in a subfolder of the library book folder? For example, if a book is in .../Library/Author/Title, create a folder .../Library/Author/Title/Ace where all the report files for that book go?

Would that work or is that problematic in the same way that Calibre really doesn't like it when users manually manipulate the book files in the library folder?
Thoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2022, 07:02 AM   #18
Thoth

Disregard my last message.

After a bit of testing, Calibre is not happy at all when it wants to move things and there are files it doesn't know about.

It's a shame. I'd love to be able to store reports like Ace, EPUBCheck, etc. right there with each book.

Last edited by Thoth; 01-22-2022 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:28 PM   #19
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
Disregard my last message.

After a bit of testing, Calibre is not happy at all when it wants to move things and there are files it doesn't know about.

It's a shame. I'd love to be able to store reports like Ace, EPUBCheck, etc. right there with each book.
Well, I didn't know about that. But since you are saying so, then I'd better not create that option.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:21 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Well, I didn't know about that. But since you are saying so, then I'd better not create that option.
Just an idea - have a user created long text custom column into which plugins such as this one could optionally append their output.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2022, 03:48 PM   #21
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Just an idea - have a user created long text custom column into which plugins such as this one could optionally append their output.

BR
I really don't know if an Editor plugin has access to custom columns. But I could check.

Now, to be honest, I don't see why an Error Report could be useful for anyone, after correcting those errors. I mean, you check your file and fix the errors, right? If you don't, why bother checking? So, after the fix, all reports look the same: they basically say that your file is ok.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:12 PM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
IIRC: if it is invoked from the library manager the editor can extract custom column values and write them to the content.opf. Don't know if that means an editor plugin could do the opposite.

I also wondered about the utility of storing it, but since you entertained the possibility I set my mind on how it might be done. Its presence would indicate one had done the checks.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-22-2022 at 04:45 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:16 AM   #23
Thoth

A couple of workflows come to mind...

(1) Ace reports are an input when doing follow-up accessibility work in SMART. You upload the report.json from Ace to get started. Granted, the current system works fine for a publisher working one book at a time. However, dumping reports into unique subfolders would allow publishers, curators, etc. to work asynchronously.

(2) The discussion about custom columns and the fact that this is an editor plugin actually got me salivating for a manage-by-exception workflow where I could have Ace as a library-level plugin to perform batch checks against selected books or the whole library and add a pass/fail to a custom column.

In my case, I'm trying to work through the whole library of a family member who is losing her vision and relying on Assistive Technology to enjoy her books. It is quite time-consuming with lots of repetitive tasks that I'm increasingly eager to batch / automate as much as possible.

I imagine making Ace into a library-level plugin would be a daunting task though.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:38 AM   #24
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
IIRC: if it is invoked from the library manager the editor can extract custom column values and write them to the content.opf. Don't know if that means an editor plugin could do the opposite.

I also wondered about the utility of storing it, but since you entertained the possibility I set my mind on how it might be done. Its presence would indicate one had done the checks.

BR
Sure, I know you are just trying to help. Also, thanks for the ideia.

Quote:

(1) Ace reports are an input when doing follow-up accessibility work in SMART. You upload the report.json from Ace to get started. Granted, the current system works fine for a publisher working one book at a time. However, dumping reports into unique subfolders would allow publishers, curators, etc. to work asynchronously.

(2) The discussion about custom columns and the fact that this is an editor plugin actually got me salivating for a manage-by-exception workflow where I could have Ace as a library-level plugin to perform batch checks against selected books or the whole library and add a pass/fail to a custom column.

In my case, I'm trying to work through the whole library of a family member who is losing her vision and relying on Assistive Technology to enjoy her books. It is quite time-consuming with lots of repetitive tasks that I'm increasingly eager to batch / automate as much as possible.

I imagine making Ace into a library-level plugin would be a daunting task though.
Thanks for clarifying.

1) Since I only use ACE for 'fun', I never thought about a publisher working flow.

2) I love the ideia of a GUI plugin for a mass check. I'll check the possibilities, and see what I can do. I guess it wouldn't be that difficult.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:00 PM   #25
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:

It's done. Please check it out and give me a feedback.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345485
Old 07-11-2022, 05:57 PM   #26
thiago.eec
Guru

Version 1.1.5 - 11 Jul 2022

- Remove deprecated aria roles
- Update translations (add Finnish)
Old 03-27-2023, 08:19 AM   #27
thiago.eec
Guru

Version 1.1.6 - 27 Mar 2023

- Automatic update for local ACE installation
- Check if Node.js and ACE are installed
- Remove ancient error check (already solved by ACE)
- Update translations

Tags
accessibility, ace, daisy