Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-30-2023, 06:11 AM   #1
SleepyCatgirl
SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyCatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense A9, Onyx Tab Ultra(Broken), Kobo Clara HD
3.3.2 Update

So, it is here.
It came out of beta.

I myself, will now backup my notes, just in case, and then download the update
What about you all?
SleepyCatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:33 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Poke3 is still only seeing ONYX/Poke3/Poke3:10/2022-11-25_04-32_3.3.1_4c98746d8/7996:user/dev-keys
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 01:03 PM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Poke3 is still only seeing ONYX/Poke3/Poke3:10/2022-11-25_04-32_3.3.1_4c98746d8/7996:user/dev-keys
This update is for the Tab series
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 03:24 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
This update is for the Tab series
Yeah, but Tab contains cyclamates.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:00 AM   #5
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Yeah, but Tab contains cyclamates.
https://youtu.be/IrPkWNJeHzg
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 12:09 PM   #6
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Well, that was strangely depressing.

50 years ago we were all upbeat, demurely sipping diet colas and racism was licked.

Now we're all pessimistic (if not downright nihilistic), chugging "Big Gulps" and relations between countries, races and faiths are worse than they've ever been.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:49 PM   #7
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
It's not much consolation, but things weren't quite so rosy 50 years ago as commercials like that would have us believe, nor are things so universally bad these days as some would have us believe. Then, it seemed that the instigators in society wanted everything to look good, whether or not it really was. Now, they try to inflame the problems that were already there and make them worse as their way to make a name for themselves, The truth, then as now, is in neither extreme.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 06:23 AM   #8
Renate
Wizard

No, I didn't mean that things were that rosy 50 years ago.
TV commercials connect to aspirations and legends.

"That Coca Cola commercial was sure pretty.
Do you think we could really make a world like that?"

  "Sure, why not?"

"Do you think we could do that in 5 years?"

  "No, I don't think we could."

"How about 10 years?"

  "Eh, possibly."

"Well, what about 50 years?"

  "Oh, definitely!"
Old 04-19-2023, 05:41 PM   #9
JimmieAwesome
JimmieAwesome began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 3
Firmware Downgrade

Hi Renate. Sorry to post in this thread, but the thread I need is already closed and I don't want to start a new one just for fun.

Can you please send me a link to a working custom recovery for Poke 3? I upgraded to the latest version (3.2.4 if I remember correctly) and got a very annoying bug with flickering on every status bar gesture. In another thread I came across a downgrade guide, but unfortunately, although the recovery allows me to play with the filesystem in root mode, the "start ttyscreen" command does nothing (or is not visible as the screen does not change).

Would really like to do a firmware downgrade to 3.2.4.
JimmieAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 07:10 PM   #10
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieAwesome View Post
... although the recovery allows me to play with the filesystem in root mode, the "start ttyscreen" command does nothing ...
Huh? Where did you get the recovery? The stock recovery doesn't even give you ADB. start ttyscreen and autoupdate are my stuff.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:09 AM   #11
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
JimmieAwesome
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=346150&page=3
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 06:25 AM   #12
Renate
Wizard

The latest custom recovery for the Poke3 is in that thread at the end.
Old 04-20-2023, 04:29 PM   #13
JimmieAwesome

Quote:
The latest custom recovery for the Poke3 is in that thread at the end.
Yes, I forgot to mention that I came across your version of recovery, but it was obviously already old, because the new firmware would not start.

Thank you very much! You have helped me a lot.

And special thanks for your contribution to the onyx modding community. Unfortunately, sometimes onyx support leaves a lot to be desired... They answer relatively quickly, but in rollback, for example, they do not want to help because of company policy.

This is a little off-topic, but it would be great if someone could port TWRP Recovery to Poke 3. After all, there is a snapdragon.
Old 04-20-2023, 04:31 PM   #14
JimmieAwesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
It was just that post, if memory serves me correctly. By the way, hello from 4pda
Old 04-20-2023, 05:22 PM   #15
Renate
Wizard

I really don't understand this mania for TWRP. (Not that it's bad.)
Why should I build from scratch a recovery when there exists a recovery already that could be modified?
What does one need from a recovery? 1) ADB, 2) root, 3) permissive.

Tags
3.3.2 update, boox