Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-03-2023, 12:42 PM   #1
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Stuck eraser on Onyx Boox Pen2 Pro

With my used Note 5 came a stylus that has an eraser at the back.

However, I have to press way to hard to activate it.

Does anyone know what is the issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 12:46 PM   #2
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I've found a disassembly video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2rW64TKTU
Maybe the spring is broken.

EDIT: Some grease and a too short spring. I've cleaned the pen and slightly lengthened the spring and it's better. However, the functionality is still lesser than the Steadler Noris Jumbo. Too bad, because I like the extra length of the Onyx Boox Pen2. Maybe the rubber inside the tip of the eraser will have to be removed.

Last edited by Markismus; 03-04-2023 at 03:55 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote