Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #46
lekofraggle
lekofraggle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, nexus, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapzzard View Post
I overwrited /data/system/accounts.db and ran google play store, but it didn't worked.
Please let me know how to enable google services.

Best regards,
Rapzzard,
I used the autostart tool to enable google services framework, gmail, and anything else google. Then, I disabled them after I got it working. I may have needed to do the clear cache and data trick to get things working, but it does work for me. I can even remote install apps.

~Leko
lekofraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #47
chriscsh
chriscsh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
hi MarekGibek
is it possible to make the animation off (like the monochromatic mode) at normal mode?
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #48
Don_Karnage
Enthusiast
Don_Karnage began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360 , kobo glo
super job,thanks you marek.
anyone know what is missing to run koreader android version?
i tried several android build , and the screen remain always black...
Don_Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #49
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Karnage View Post
super job,thanks you marek.
anyone know what is missing to run koreader android version?
i tried several android build , and the screen remain always black...
I am having a similar experience. Three different devices and all three crash when I try to run it. You might do better asking in the koreader thread.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #50
brimborium
brimborium began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine
Great work, Marek, thank you!
One question though: How to change the image that appears after shutting the device off? I could change the suspend screen by putting a suspend.jpg in the root folder of the FAT partition, but I have no clue how to change the other one.My girlfriend has a problem with jealousy, so that would really matter to me....
brimborium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #51
AntonG
AntonG began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimborium View Post
One question though: How to change the image that appears after shutting the device off?
I was asking myself the same question.
This post suggests replacing pictures in MsgE6.apk. I will probably try to replace complete apk with the one from some other image first.
AntonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #52
AntonG

Worked fine for me. I used MsgE6.apk from Marek's v1 image. The same as used in Tolino, as it seems. Apk attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MsgE6.apk.zip (158.4 KB, 501 views)
Old 10-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #53
Don_Karnage
Enthusiast
Don_Karnage began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360 , kobo glo
i coulded run the last nightly version of koreader on android v2 after around 2 or 3 min loading the black screen , but it crashed very fast and it's very slow like the cpu is overloaded ...
so unfortunatly its look like to have been disign for much more powerfull device.
Don_Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #54
AntonG

notification tray

I am now trying android on Kobo to see how it feels. After trying different images from forum (marek's v1, angor's) I liked marek's v2 most. However, some things I cannot figure out.

When I get notifications from some app, they just hang in tray with no way to read/dismiss them. I cannot pull notifications tray down. It was already asked once here, but newer answered. Does it work for anyone? Is it possible at all to use notification tray? To swipe it from the top of the screen, or use some kind of shortcut maybe?

I'd appreciate any tips!

Last edited by AntonG; 10-04-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #55
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonG View Post
I am now trying android on Kobo to see how it feels. After trying different images from forum (marek's v1, angor's) I liked marek's v2 most.
Thanks!

Quote:
When I get notifications from some app, they just hang in tray with no way to read/dismiss them. I cannot pull notifications tray down.
That's a problem. Because of infrared touch technology, you cannot touch the border of the screen :/

I have found a workaround for this. But it is not always working. Actually, most of the time it's not. But sometimes it does. I have no idea why. Smart launcher in my image v2 is already configured to show notifications panel on double-tap on home page (double tap option in gestures menu).

It is possible to write custom app to give us a way to show notification panel (maybe I could extend the kobo service app).

Maybe there are other apps that can do it. I'm not sure what exactly this app does:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ionslite&hl=en
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #56
AntonG

Thanks for the fast answer!

The app you suggest looks interesting, i'll try that. In the meantime I have found another one: Status Bar Expander. With shortcut on the home screen it works fine, double tap as well. Not as convenient as swipe from the top edge, but works.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #57
AntonG

Accounts & Sync, Lockscreen

Another question - in your image there is no possibility to change Account & Sync settings. It means you cannot delete or modify acces to your account once you added it. I don't have other images at hand to check if it's only in yours like that.

Also, I didn't manage to get any kind of "secure" screen locking. Neither pattern, nor pin, nor password protection worked for me. Am I missing something?
Old 11-30-2014, 12:14 AM   #58
Timmons
Timmons began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Very thanks to you.
I'm using Kobo Glo only for coolreader.
And your android V2 makes it perfect for me.
Especially full screen page refresh option in coolreader.

Last edited by Timmons; 12-01-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Timmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #59
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmons View Post
Very thanks to you.
I'm using Kobo Glo only for coolreader.
And your android V2 makes it perfect for me.
Especially full screen page refresh option in coolreader.
It's really nice to hear that. Thank you, Timmons!

Cheers,
Marek
Old 12-05-2014, 02:26 AM   #60
MarekGibek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonG View Post
Another question - in your image there is no possibility to change Account & Sync settings. It means you cannot delete or modify acces to your account once you added it. I don't have other images at hand to check if it's only in yours like that.
There is no Account & Sync settings But there is a workaround for removing all accounts by deleting /data/system/accounts.db file.

Quote:
Also, I didn't manage to get any kind of "secure" screen locking. Neither pattern, nor pin, nor password protection worked for me. Am I missing something?
I'm not sure, but probably you can install replace launcher app with the one that has protection screen.