Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #46
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm using Chrome and didn't have to do this, since the default allows JavaScripts, but the steps are:
Tools>Options>Under the Hood>Content Settings>JavaScript

I have mine set to "Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)

If you don't allow all sites to run JavaScript, you can make an exception for 4dots.com.
I've checked as you suggest (thanks) and JavaScript is allowed. I'm currently allowing everything except pop-ups. Maybe I'll just do without the drop down menu - and take this opportunity to thank all those who've increased my karma rating. Whoever you are...
Lexi Revellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #47
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
I've checked as you suggest (thanks) and JavaScript is allowed. I'm currently allowing everything except pop-ups. Maybe I'll just do without the drop down menu - and take this opportunity to thank all those who've increased my karma rating. Whoever you are...
In your user CP (control panel), below the list of subscribed threads, you can see who gave you karma and the message that went with it, if any.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #48
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
In your user CP (control panel), below the list of subscribed threads, you can see who gave you karma and the message that went with it, if any.
No I can't. Two possibilities - I'm being a bit thick, or it's not there. I hope it's the second.

It's been a trying year in many ways...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #49
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
No I can't. Two possibilities - I'm being a bit thick, or it's not there. I hope it's the second.

It's been a trying year in many ways...
You may have to hit the "+" sign on the right of the blue bar for "Latest Reputation Received" to expand.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #50
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
You may have to hit the "+" sign on the right of the blue bar for "Latest Reputation Received" to expand.
FOUND IT! Thank you all for your patience. Thick it was, I fear. (Oh dear, now I'm sounding like Yoda.)
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #51
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
FOUND IT! Thank you all for your patience. Thick it was, I fear. (Oh dear, now I'm sounding like Yoda.)
Well, at least we got something to work . It's still strange about the missing drop-down menu though. Maybe you could try emptying the browser's cache?
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:48 AM   #52
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Also not a Google chrome user so I've no idea.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:50 AM   #53
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thumbs down

It seems there is another problem now.

Unless you allow also Yahooapis.com the drop downs again do not work. You also get the message below when double clicking on the mark forums read box on the main forums page.

Quote:
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
It also prevented me wrapping the Quote tags unless enabled.

I have noticed recently MR becoming very jerky (jumping) when scrolling - almost unviewable - (but seems better at the moment).
Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 AM   #54
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'm not experiencing any problems .... [Firefox Rocks !]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 AM   #55
roger the rabbit
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm not experiencing any problems .... [Firefox Rocks !]
Are you running any script / adblocker software though? If not you are leaving a very big backdoor open!

I use Firefox V 3.6.8. But I do run Noscript and Adblock plus, but have whitelisted Mobilread.com and 4dots.com for both of them.

Quite why I also have to allow Yahooapis.com, Google-analyitics.com and Quantserve.com for the site to run smoothly I do not understand?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:03 AM   #56
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger the rabbit View Post
Are you running any script / adblocker software though? If not you are leaving a very big backdoor open!

I use Firefox V 3.6.8. But I do run Noscript and Adblock plus, but have whitelisted Mobilread.com and 4dots.com for both of them.

Quite why I also have to allow Yahooapis.com, Google-analyitics.com and Quantserve.com for the site to run smoothly I do not understand?

Only what Firefox and NIS provide .... kept me clean for years ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #57
roger the rabbit
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Only what Firefox and NIS provide .... kept me clean for years ....
Yes I also use NIS, have done for many years (since it was first given away by Barclays in the early 90's).

I also use other means of "Safe surfing" , which have on occasion picked up things NIS has missed.

NIS is pretty poor at script blocking and is often later at spotting some threats than others.

Better safe than sorry is my motto.