Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-26-2021, 10:16 PM   #1
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Forum Pings

I asked a question in another thread, but rather than dragging the other thread off-topic, I thought I would start a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post

An off-topic question, I notice I do not get pinged for replies in my thread or when quoted. Are pings enabled on this forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post

You'll have to subscribe to the thread to get notifications.
Ok, thanks @Sirtel. The reason I didn't was the only option is email.
Is it possible to get alerts on the web page? Something like in the image below from another forum?

I also notice @username does not provide any alerts on the forum. Is that email also?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ping.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	189413  
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:09 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am hoping the forum admins would consider installing this plugin... https://community.mybb.com/thread-131448.html

I seem to keep missing posts that are directed at me, or I see them days later.
Members are using the "@" symbol to direct comments to particular users, but it seems a bit pointless as the user is not pinged in any way. In my case, I just happen to stumble across them.

I have been advised to subscribe to threads, but I don't want dozens of emails sent to me everyday.

Could you please consider installing the "alert me" plugin. I am sure other members would find it useful also.

I can vouch for it personally on another forum I administer.

Thank you.
Advert
Old 11-28-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Karellen, you receive an email only once from a thread that you're subscribed to. That is, until you log into mobileread again you won't receive another email notification for that particular thread.

You are auto subscribed to a thread if you post in that thread, unless you go the controls at the top of the thread and unsubscribe

I agree re pinging someone with the @, it would be a handy attribute
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard

Thanks @Lynx-lynx

Currently I need to read every thread that I remember posting in, just to ensure I don't miss someone responding to me. It is time consuming, and I have missed some pings.

Even subscribing as you describe, is not helpful. It sounds like a general alert, rather than an alert to a specific ping or quote of one of my posts.

I don't want to be forced to read multiple threads and multiple posts in the off-chance someone has pinged or quoted me. I don't know how everybody else gets around this issue, or are you just all used to it?

You get an alert for a PM, why not extend this functionality to @ pings and quotes? (which is what that plugin does.) Of course I am assuming this is a MyBB forum.

It would be nice if an Admin has some feedback.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:08 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Thanks @Lynx-lynx

Currently I need to read every thread that I remember posting in, just to ensure I don't miss someone responding to me. It is time consuming, and I have missed some pings.

Even subscribing as you describe, is not helpful. It sounds like a general alert, rather than an alert to a specific ping or quote of one of my posts.

I don't want to be forced to read multiple threads and multiple posts in the off-chance someone has pinged or quoted me. I don't know how everybody else gets around this issue, or are you just all used to it?

You get an alert for a PM, why not extend this functionality to @ pings and quotes? (which is what that plugin does.) Of course I am assuming this is a MyBB forum.

It would be nice if an Admin has some feedback.
You can also just click on the "User CP" link at the top of the page, and it will show you every thread you've posted in that has new posts.

I do agree that it would be cool to have the option be able to be notified of replies and mentions like we are for private messages.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert