Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2017, 05:58 AM   #1
pacd97867
pacd97867 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader 505
Remove characters like  from synopsis in Catalog

When I create a catalog and view the created csv file, often times the book description includes special characters. Example is:

Example 1
A mother desperate for the truth. A daughter hiding a terrible secret.Melanie OakÂ*appeared to have the perfect.

Example 2
This is friends-to-lovers romance…but it's in the science-fiction story line where Cole really shines

Example 3
Alicia worries that her young daughter Jenny's summer will be

How do I solve this? There are times I use the csv to read the desc, specifically on my phone etc.

Thanks so much in advance.
pacd97867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure whatever you are using to read the CSV files, reads them using the UTF-8 character encoding, which is what calibre generates.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
pacd97867
pacd97867 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader 505
Thanks!
pacd97867 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, catalog csv formatter, conversion